What's the first video game you ever played?

I had an Atari

Atari ST

and an Acorn Electron

So played games on all those, can’t remember the names apart from Outrun and Pacman obvs.

Also played a lot of Chuckie Egg on the BBC

2 Likes

Same, great game & so hard too!

1 Like

wolf3d

I remember my Dad bringing in an Atari ST when I was really young. I remember playing Space Invaders and Pole Position. The wee joysticks were nigh on indestructible, used it in my Commodore 64. Maybe even my Amiga, but I might be misremembering as I had other joysticks, back when joysticks were cool. But they all eventually broke.

Not the Atari ST one though…

Frogger on my dad’s old Amstrad

Pong!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Mine would be a racing game on the ZX Spectrum, can’t remember what they were called.

The first 1 I do remember playing was duck hunt on the Nes.

For me it was probably something like this:

42455-run-baby-run-zx-spectrum-front-cover

Probably Horace Goes Skiing or Iridium. Loved that Spectrum.

Another Speccie here. My first game was probably Spectipede, I reckon.

1 Like

I actually saw that crowdfunding page, wish I did it now! That poster is :heart_eyes:

I did not know there was a Michael Jackson game! Now that I’ve got my Mega Drive again I might see if I can get my hands on it!

1 Like

IMG_20180712_171811

I also got this mug and somewhere I’ve got a Carrot Man keychain from the crowdfunding. Backers Beta started yesterday so I’ve got the new game on Steam now and it’s AWESOME! They’ve asked backers not to share video or photos until the final release though.

The MJ game is one of my most played games ever, if you can track down the cartridge then defo check it out (or play it on an emulator)

1 Like

I remember Carrot Man!! That mug is amazing, I’m going see if I can still get in on the crowdfunding :see_no_evil: I’m glad it’s good, I was slightly concerned it wouldn’t hold up over the years, that’s great news!

There are a few of the MJ games on eBay at the moment so I may have to invest!

1 Like

Mega-Games-2-Revenge-of-Shinobi-Streets-of-Rage-Golden-Axe-Mega-Drive

2 Likes

Streets of Rage is in the App Store :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@CampbellProsser Michael Jackson Mega drive picture. image

1 Like

Amazing! I love that design, that would be so cool on a t-shirt :ok_hand:

1 Like

https://www.redbubble.com/people/deadthreads/works/22710429-moonwalker?cat_context=u-tees&grid_pos=1&p=triblend-tee&rbs=d8e68bae-6fcc-42ad-a1c5-e7ac73d7dbed&ref=shop_grid

1 Like

“£20.84 spent at Redbubble :tshirt:

2 Likes