Happy 25th Anniversary to the Sega Saturn 🙌

Did anyone here have one? I grew up a huge Sega fan with the Mega Drive but sadly I never got to own a Saturn… I was pretty much a Day 1 Dreamcast owner just a few years later though, and that’s my favorite console of all time.

Sega should make a Saturn Mini :grinning:

1 Like

Theyve said no :frowning_face:

Boooooooo

1 Like

I rented one once. I can’t remember if it came with anything in addition to Nights into Dreams. :sweat_smile:

Oh, and I was a Dreamcast owner also. I had two, at one point, but I don’t think the second one ever worked. I’ve still got a whole box of Dreamcast stuff somewhere, including the twin stick controller for Virtual On.

1 Like

Dreamcast was my favourite console too :heart_eyes: so many good memories!

1 Like

I loved the Dreamcast. I remember the memory cards you could play mini games on them. Brilliant console.

But back on topic. Had a Saturn briefly and I found it a disappointment compared to the first PlayStation.

2 Likes

I went Sega Master System, NES, SNES, N64, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4. I completely missed the Mega Drive and Sega Saturn.

1 Like

Really great console at the time - I only ever got to pay it at my cousins house, I remember loving the controllers - I was a PS1 owner though

This has got me watching all sorts of ‘History of Consoles’ videos on YouTube!

2 Likes

I skipped the Saturn.
I was Mega Drive > N64 > PS1 > GameCube > Xbox 360 > Xbox One > Nintendo Switch.

Absolutely loved my Sega Game Gear too though … 6 AA batteries though :joy:

1 Like

Oh man… I had the Game Gear and it chewed through those batteries SO FAST.

All my friends were jealous when we went on school trips. They all had Game Boys with monochrome screens. This was before the Game Boy Color.

But they were less jealous when I ran out of batteries after just a few hours :joy: