What phone do you use?

I’m an iPhone 7 Plus (Jet Black, 128GB) user, and there’s roughly a 100% chance I’ll be buying the iPhone 8 or whatever they name it :money_with_wings:

That said, I’m trying to find an excuse to buy a second phone because that Essential phone and the S8 are some serious :fire: :eyes:

(Edit: Just wanted to add that AirPods are incredible and I love them with all of my heart :heart_eyes:)

2 Likes

Kinda - you can make them beep from the find my iPhone app :joy:

Personally I have yet to loose them - usually they’re in my ears or in the charging case (which is big enough not to get lost). The only issue is that you have to keep that charging case around but if you’ve already got a handbag it wouldn’t be that big of a deal.

The lack of Touch ID on the iPhone 8 breaks my heart. :sob:

Is that actually confirmed yet?

1 Like

I feel your pain :weary:

I’m clinging to the small hope that they’ll surprise us all and announce they’ve managed to fit it underneath the display, or at the very least this whole “Face ID” thing is stellar.

Nothing’s ever confirmed with Apple but so far the leaks have been pretty convincing…

I try to steer away from leaks. It’s hard to not read things or hear them though.
I hope touch ID isn’t going but if face recognition is that good then I will have to adapt.

2 Likes

this leak is rather a certain than anything else due to designs being found in released source code from Apple (intended for internal use only). - Someone at Apple really messed up unless it was all a plan to get everyone speaking about them :eyes:

1 Like

I thought the home pod only confirmed the look of the device and that there was facial recognition?

1 Like

One of the guys who did the digging through the HomePod leak has been pretty unequivocal about there being no Touch ID in the iPhone 8 :sob:

Those two were what various sites picked up on. If you do some digging between the HomePod firmware and the latest few iOS 11 betas, you can put together the entire 2017 lineup.

Just waiting for someone to do an NVRAM dump of a production device so I can confirm the NFC capabilities. Need my Suica support. :penguin:

Will this will be interesting to see after the headphones joy.

1 Like

Just curious, is anyone actually interested in getting a HomePod or similar “smart” speaker? Personally I think it’s just a fad and I have yet to find any good use for those “smart” assistants and having an always-listening device in my home scares me quite a bit.

1 Like

Massively interested in the HomePod :raising_hand_man:

I’ve used things like the Sonos and a couple of Bose bluetooth speakers before, and they’ve been fine, but considering that pretty much everything I own that runs on electricity is in some way linked up to Apple HomeKit, I’d love a great sounding speaker that I could shout at instead of having to have my iPhone or Watch on me (such an incredibly 1st world problem it almost makes me sick to say it :mask:).

I’m not massively keen on having always-listening devices in my home, but for what it’s worth, I do trust Apple when it comes to user privacy. They’ve taken huge stances on protecting user privacy, so if I’m going to have any companies product in my home with an always-on microphone, it’s going to be an Apple product :sheep:

I think they most certainly will be keeping some form of Touch ID.

For me, it’ll ultimately just be an AirPlay 2 speaker for music and podcasts, in addition to another HomeKit relay.

Bluetooth with Echo is just too poor of an experience, Google Cast is frustratingly insecure against others in your house, and Sonos lacks acceptable support for podcasts.

Currently HTC One M8. Planning to get the new iPhone once released!

If you’re using Chromecast (note, I expect it will eventually work with Cast enabled speakers, but it doesn’t yet on my Sony’s :frowning:) then you can disable that annoying notification on the network! :smiley:

Others in the house can still over-rule your cast by casting their own device to the speaker… But it prevents people messing with the volume and play/pausing it :slight_smile:

Source code seems to suggest ‘FaceID’ (pearlID) instead of TouchID
Along with 4K front and rear camera :camera:

That’s true but I still believe they would keep Touch ID for many different reasons. But I guess we’ll all find out in a couple of weeks…

1 Like