What music are you listening to at the moment?

Alina Baraz’s album just dropped today and i’m absolutely loving it - Alternative R&B/Soul :musical_note:

1 Like

I’ve been listening to the soundtrack non-stop (:wink:) since I discovered it back in 2016, I can’t get enough of it!

Have you been to see it?

Love Baraz, but I’m in a retro mood today, so classic…

Hendrix!

1 Like

Something a bit different for you all.

Blues and ironing go well together

Love these, used to love the Minneapolis sound and Jam and Lewis were everywhere when I was a kid. Still got loads of stuff on vinyl as well.

1 Like

This has been in my ears most of yesterday. Looking forward to the next releases.

Having a sing-a-long to https://open.spotify.com/user/abbaspotify/playlist/3AGOiaoRXMSjswCLtuNqv5?si=cH45-LNfQX-55C3Y93Kyjg

When the sun’s out it’s the perfect time for Richard Cheese

Greta Van Fleet

Zeppelin-esque rock and roll. Loving it!

Quite a varied selection, but these are some of my favourites from the last few months!

2012 - 2017 - A.A.L
Balance 029 - James Zabiela
Microshift - Hookworms
Cocoa Sugar - Young Fathers

This is one of my favourite albums of all time.

Came out the year after Michael did “Off The Wall” and two years before “Thriller”.

I’ve made the argument on many occasions that this album is “more Michael” than either Off The Wall or Thriller.

The reason being that Michael wrote more of the songs on this album than on the other two, and had a bigger hand in the production too. My personal opinion is that he peaked vocally as a “soul” artist at this point.

His artistic and songwriting peaks came later on, IMO (Bad and HIStory respectively) but it’s funny - he’s almost a completely different artist post Thriller than he was before it. You can musically connect Thriller to everything that came before it. Not so much the case post Thriller, but making the biggest selling album of all time will do that to you, I guess!

1 Like

I am watching Tay Tay tonight, so…

1 Like

Today will be a Pantera day :cry:
RIP Vinnie Paul

4 Likes

Just landed on my doorstep… the new Deluxe Edition of “Mixed Up” by The Cure :grinning:

2 Likes

This song is amazing.

2 Likes

Yesssssss, from Black Panther! Great track.