Monzo Community Jukebox šŸŽ§

Hey everyone! Bit quiet in here, isnā€™t it?

Help us pump up the volume by sharing what youā€™re currently listening to :notes:

mixtape2

Weā€™ll add your suggestions to the playlist below, so you can enjoy blasting out everyoneā€™s wonderful suggestions. Weā€™re looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :tada:

Happy listening!

3 Likes

Lily The Pink by Scaffold.

2 Likes

I am currently obsessed with Crayons by Cupcakke.

Treat U Rite by Angela Winbush (produced by Chuckii Booker)

Underrated 90ā€™s R&B jam with an undeniable groove!

Fun fact : Chuckii Booker himself had a great jam called ā€œGamesā€ from his second album. This is widely considered to be the musical basis for ā€œReturn Of The Mackā€ by Mark Morrison, but Chuckii was not credited.

Hereā€™s that track : https://open.spotify.com/track/1zyqa3Hv2KpCGz8L9AirJi

1 Like

I listen to a lot of P!NK.

Wild Hearts Canā€™t Be Broken is my fave right now

1 Like

In your Eyes (Live) - Peter Gabriel

London Girls by Mamas Gun https://open.spotify.com/track/6CptrwgCFY7kV5VEN6SU1h?si=b_ug8YrEToi0V67c2rXCpA

Was going to comment on the other music thread but I watched The Greatest Showman today and was completely blown away. My favourite is This Is Me, though Rewrite the Stars and Never Enough is excellent too.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve hung out with those guys before and done some shows on the same bill as themā€¦ about 10 years ago, my band and they shared a manager. Great band!

1 Like

Really enjoyed this one.

1 Like

Itā€™s a proper headnodder right?

Yeah, my head definitely nodded back towards the music :musical_note:

1 Like

Canā€™t go wrong with a lilā€™ bit of HAIM :musical_note:

1 Like

For me, itā€™s got to be Creature Comfort by Arcade Fire :musical_note:

2 Likes

As well as

On the back of this I think you need to be the next subject of the Monzo Staff Q&Aā€¦ :smirk: I want to know more about your time in this band!

1 Like

I think that Q&A would very quickly go off topic :smiling_face: Or not have much to do with Monzo! But we will see!

But, it is fun to talk about. I had three record deals (two of them with major labels), had headlined the MTV Awards, done a couple of world tours, and had songs placed in Hollywood movies and huge video games all before I turned 21. My cousins are multi million selling record producers who have worked with some of the biggest artists in the world, and another cousin was one of the biggest reggae artists of the 90ā€™s with half a dozen Top 40 UK chart hits between 1990 and 1996 so I come from a musical family and grew up hanging around recording studios! It did take me some time to realise that most folks families arenā€™t like mine!

I guess I have a few fun stories. The one regarding the time we almost collaborated with a pre-fame Tom Hardy (who was pursuing a music career before his acting career took off) was one that went down well in the office (well, on our company Slack!) this past week! :grin:

Discovered this last night which iā€™ve been listening to loads

plus this Kendrick/SZA track

3 Likes

As a Monzo member, marketing dude and shameless self promoter I feel it my duty to let you know about my band The Witch Kids. :kissing_heart:

I Ainā€™t Buyin - The Witch Kids

For fans of: Maroon 5, Fall Out Boy, Arctic Monkeys, Panic! At The Disco etc.

Saw both of these at the weekend, both ace and still very much on my work playlist :ok_hand: