What Monzo IFTTT feature do you want in 2020?

An trigger for when left to spend per day until payday falls below a certain amount.

2 Likes

I’m still desperately looking for an integration with Splitwise. Any new payment, or expense tagged would trigger the expense to be added to Splitwise.

Is that not for Splitwise to do? Similar to what YNAB did?

I’d love a trigger on any payment (DD, money transfer, standing order, cash withdrawal) and on any inbound money (salary, cash deposit, bank transfer, pot transfer)

The current triggers are just so limited to do proper automation off the back of

2 Likes

More than £1,000 in cash deposits every six month.

How could that be achieved with an IFTTT applet?

2 Likes

:rofl:

Wheres the free money applet! That would get my vote :smiley:

4 Likes

What about producing an idiots guide on how to use IFTTT with Monzo? It might increase usage and awareness of the existing functionality with customers.

3 Likes

There are blog posts and plenty of topics on here about it but from what I’ve read people just don’t trust a third party service with their bank details (in a nutshell).

Monzo will only promote themseleves too so some people don’t see the advantages of using IFTTT outside of Monzo either :slight_smile:

The amount it saves over the year would be perfect amount, say for saving up for different things that require different pots. Atm can only have one instance of it and then having to manually do it for others. So having the ability to have miltiple instants would make it more automated.

1 Like

Doh! Wrong thread!

1 Like

My solution is to force all my mates to get a Monzo account when we go on holiday :joy:
No more Splitwise

2 Likes

an if statement for inbound payments would definitely be useful :+1:

1 Like

As there is already a IFTTT for when it rains, how about one every time the sun is shining?

3 Likes

Hi Paul & welcome :wave:

I’m 30 miles north of Manchester, so it’d never trigger :cloud_with_rain::wink:

Plus I only use a Joint Account which is another story…

Ability to move money from a certain receiver into a savings pot

1 Like

I’d be out of money it rains so much here,

You could make that yourself, shouldn’t be too tricky :blush:

Hi,

" VARIABLE INCOMING PAYMENT FROM MERCHANT MOVES INTO POT AUTOMATICALLY."

I can see the triggers for monzo on IFTTT are all for paying out of an account. I think that there needs to be options available. Such as triggers based on incoming payments.

The rules also dont allow the specific amount to be variable. When paying a merchant, the only option is to move a specific amount from a pot not the amount youre actually paying to a merchant,

For example, I run a lotto syndicate with my friends, When the lotto winnings are paid into my account i would like that incoming payment to be forwarded to a certain pot.

For this i believe the trigger would need to be when £xx is paid into current account from (company) than £xx is transferred into pot.

on the ‘then that’ part of the IFTTT rule, there only seems to be a way of transferring a specific amount, not the amount that was paid into the current account (variable)

If there is a way to do this please let me know as it would be very very useful!

thanks,

1 Like

A trigger when a tag gets added to a transaction. Basically I want to be able to add a tag to something, and then do something with that transaction, add it to a spreadsheet or trigger some other action.

1 Like