What Monzo IFTTT feature do you want in 2020?

My house is very automated and I love that I can have that integrated with my bank account. For instance, I want all my lights to flash on the day I get paid :tada::money_with_wings:

What Monzo IFTTT integrations would you want this year? Depending on the popularity of your answer, we may take it forward!

Direct debit functionality as initially promised :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

sweep end of month / week , etc ā€¦ credit balance in current account into an interest bearing savings pot

27 Likes

Can you expand a bit on this?

What would you like to be able to do from this other than what bills pot provides?

Incoming payment triggers.

24 Likes

Joint account support

16 Likes

Doesnā€™t salary sorter do this now or are you thinking about it triggering for different payments?

100% this.

An account balance trigger would also be useful.

7 Likes

Salary sorter is great but it doesnā€™t give much in the way of personalisation. And it certainly wonā€™t play Kool & The Gang ā€œCelebrationā€ on my Sonos when I get paid.

6 Likes

You should have said that to begin with :grin:

1 Like

Joint Account support. Voted. Againā€¦

14 Likes

This feature is still being worked on? Brilliant!

1 Like

Unfortunately we donā€™t have a dedicated IFTTT team, just a few devoted engineers who do it on their spare time :open_hands:.
Thatā€™s why it may take some time for us to catch up!
Thanks for the feedback though :pray:

21 Likes

Random question. Why doesnā€™t IFTTT allow you to go into your overdraft? or at least have the option to enable/disable this?

If the above isnā€™t possible, incoming payment trigger would be my second choice as it would open up so many possibilities.

1 Like

My Top 5 would be:

• Triggers for all transaction types (and each one being a discrete trigger)
  • Joint Accounts
  • Ability to automate previously made/approved payments (outside of Monzo, or to Joint Pots)
  • Triggers based on available balance.
  • Sweep action, or at least the ability to say ā€œBalance - Ā£X amountā€ in the move function.

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

In my opinion (may not be the ultimate truth) we canā€™t have business critical operations on IFTTT. Mostly because we donā€™t have as much control (as it deals with a third party), people can accidentally create bad automations, etcā€¦
The easiest way to think is: in the absolute worst case scenario, what damage can an IFTTT automation do to your account?
Putting someone through an overdraft is fairly critical. I like the second suggestion though! :thinking: :tada:

6 Likes

Some good points - that makes sense! Thank you :blush:

I only say it because sometimes my savings challenges fail towards the end of the month as Iā€™m getting towards payday. I personally donā€™t mind going into my overdraft for a few days (if Iā€™m not already in it) as my next wage will get me out of it again but understand how more damage could be done.

Perhaps a cap of some sort could be set :man_shrugging: or like I said a toggle then the onus is on the user? Or maybe itā€™s just too much work/risk and Iā€™m a one-off use case :laughing:

Trigger on income is needed 100%

3 Likes

The option to have multiple ā€œSave The Dateā€ applets as its perfect for 3 or 4 different things i need to save for

1 Like

What would that do out of interest?