Upgraded Monzo Accounts for Everyone!

I’m unsure if you’re trolling, but, in the context of current accounts, the term used is generally understood in the context of CASS, which is why I provided clarification.

But it really isn’t a hassle? It took me minutes then a few more minutes to open an envelope when the new card turned up.

I am confused as to why people wouldn’t just see it as the pre-paid card with a different name? It’s “only a current account” if you start using it as such.

Not sure CASS makes that much difference tbh. The only thing I am slightly wary about is paying salary in - but that’ll happen in time.

1 Like

How on earth is that trolling? I’ve heard of people switching banks many times outside of the context of CASS. I’ve even heard people from many countries (remember CASS is British only) including the US, China and Taiwan discuss switching banks. I told all my friends I switched to Monzo. I, in no way, was referring to CASS. CASS is not the only way to switch, and it’s not, certainly, what I would consider in any way a definition of switching. It’s simply a tool to help people switch. She definitely can switch to Monzo, if she wants, without it. I did.

Current accounts give you more protection and more features, but you lose nothing. People are scared of banking.

I started paying mine in right away. Worked fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I provided some clarification. I didn’t expect this level of disproportionate, critical analysis. I shall step out of this conversation.

1 Like

Yep, was just saying those unsure could just see the upgrade as more of the same. As in nothing to worry about :slight_smile:

However add in the insurance and it’s better anyway. And not scary :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry I came across that way, not my intent. The :slight_smile: was meant to indicate that I was mostly being lighthearted, and pointing out how confusing this world (banking) is entirely where different terms can mean such very different things to different people.

Monzo’s amazing, and quite the opposite of scary. But it is a challenge to get people to understand that.

2 Likes

On the theme - confusing - why are they called Current Accounts anyway??

My understanding, and I may be wrong, is because they’re for money currently available to spend.

I would also note not all countries call them current accounts. They’re also called chequing/checking accounts. Same idea - the account you can write a cheque against (money is available to spend from it), even though very few people would actually write a cheque anymore…

Mine’s gone in OK for the last 3 months so I think they’ve got the hang of it :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks.

Maybe a 2018 resolution…!

I don’t even know where my cheque book is!

Thanks to you all for confirming!

I was more meaning in terms of using it as a Current Account rather than the upgrade process in itself.

I’ve tried to convince my mum to upgrade, but she somehow doesn’t have photo ID (expired passport and old paper driving licence). Any tips?

Pots is on the Card menu (not really a logical place for something unrelated to the card). For Android I think k you need App version 1.17

Just got mine and very excited to start using it! It seems a different colour to my prepaid one though, less coral and more orange :frowning:

Hi, I applied for a card months ago, downloaded the app, and was told I was 41,008th in the queue. My girlfriend, who applied for one almost 2000+ people after me got a notification 3 days ago saying her card was ready, yet mines still says I’m in the queue. She was recommended, hasn’t recommended, and has never held a Monzo card before. I’ve tried updating the app but apparently I’m all up to date from 5 days ago, hope I’ve not been missed off the list.

If someone could help that’d be great.

It was in the early days of banking, when far sighted account strategists realised that a company named after a piece of fruit would take over the world, they realised that they could steal a march by calling the account after a dried fruit.

You heard it here first

7 Likes

I have completed the upgrade. The issue was it that I wasn’t clear if you are now going to do a switch from my HSBC account. It was a bit vague?

Can you let me know if I’m getting a new current account or are you switching/closing my current HSBC account?

Thanks

You are getting a new account, not being switched. So you now have 2 accounts.

1 Like