Uber now accepts Mondo cards!

I emailed them earlier today!

Did they get back to you?

I have been having problems using my Monzo card with Uber, always receiving the error message attached. After being reassured by Monzo that the problem lay with Uber, I contacted them last week. They checked the last 4 digits of my card and then sent me the message below.

What do you advise I should do next? I have already emailed them to say that I know of many people who use their Monzo cards without any problems.

From Uber:

Hi Sebastian,

I’m afraid this card is incompatible with the Uber billing system as our systems are flagging it as a prepaid card. At present, Uber does not allow prepaid cards to be used to pay for trips. I sincerely apologise if this causes you any inconvenience, but you will need to use a different method of payment to pay for your future trips.

Hey,

So after many emails to and from Uber, they have said that, even though some cards may be working, prepaid cards are definitely not compatible with Uber’s billing process. Saying I’m frustrated is definitely an understatement.

I’ve attached my correspondence with Uber. Apologies if I made myself sound like a total idiot.

1 Like

It is semi understandable as to why they do not allow prepaid cards.
It is rather perplexing why some are allowed and others are not. Surly their system should be blocking the BIN/IIN instead of on an account by account basis.

I hope they don’t decide to do a sweep of their systems now and block our cards…