Uber now accepts Mondo cards!

You can now add your Mondo card to your Uber account :tada:

Let us know if there are any other major retailers where your card is not accepted and we’ll get working on it :grinning:

7 Likes

How come they weren’t accepting it? Is it because of security challenges accepting prepaid cards?

Yes - they automatically block all prepaid cards to combat fraud. You then need to get your BIN whitelisted with them (luckily @jonas has a finger in every start-up pie) :smile:

7 Likes

good work @jonas :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Leah, what do you mean by getting my BIN whitelisted? I can’t seem to be able to use my Mondo card with the Uber app. It’s very frustrating! :frowning:

My card doesn’t work either, it worked before…

I have just tested mine with Uber and it worked fine however, in order for it to be accepted I had to scan my card (it did not accept it when I typed it manually) and as always I also need to enter my post code (not necessarily my billing address code but the shipping address where my Mondo card was sent to)

Brilliant and very welcome development. I can’t wait to get started :slight_smile:

Uber works fine for me, used it twice today

1 Like

This is what it says, I’ve tried removing it and adding it again. (I get an active card check when I added my card)

I get the same error message too.

1 Like

Mine still doesn’t work :frowning:

How dos we get someone to help us fix this? I’ve added my card on manually and I’ve scanned it. I always get a Mondo alert saying there was an Uber card check but it still doesn’t work. And Uber is actually one of the companies I need this card for.

email help@getmondo.co.uk , or the in app chat ?

Use the in app chat, I just use another card for Uber just now.

Weird, I used mine for Uber just a few days ago. Don’t understand why it works for me and not you.

I know, right? It’s highly frustrating.

Strange… I was just able to add my alpha card to Uber. Definitely check with both Uber and Monzo support to see if they can provide any more information on why it’s not working. The fact that you get a Monzo notification of an active card check leads me to believe that you might be better chasing up Uber in this case.

I had no idea there was ever an issue with Monzo cards and Uber… I’ve been using my Monzo card since June with Uber and never had an issue. Good to know it’s officially supported now, though! :slight_smile:

We’re seeing some really odd issues with Uber at the moment, sorry! Your card should work if it’s already been used on Uber before but new ones don’t always authorize. If anyone fancies contacting Uber, that might help :slight_smile: (We’re also talking to them on our end)

2 Likes