Topping up by bank transfer / standing order

Hi didn’t add my reference number when doing a bank transfer, does this get returned to my bank?

1 Like

I don’t know if it gets returned, BUT, you can ask support team via in-app chat and explain the situation. They can find your transfer and make sure it reaches your Monzo account. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi
Is it possible to get a standing order paid into my monzo account for £650 a month from a non-monzo user, if so how do I go about it please?

Hi, I’ve moved your post here as the instructions for setting up a Standing Order are at the top of the thread.

The process is the same, whether the user is a Monzo user or not, you’ll just need to give this person the 9 digit reference number from your card.

I hope that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi all,

Hope you are well,

Was wondering how long does it take for a bank transfer to appear on a monzo account? (Asking for a friend :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Hi!

We say 24 hours as we process bank transfers generally once a day for the prepaid Beta cards. If it’s been longer than that, drop us a message in in-app chat and we’ll see if we can find it. :money_with_wings:

Of course, Faster Payments bank transfers to the current account can take up to two hours (though typically more like two seconds!). :+1:

2 Likes

hi Richard,

Nice one, really cannot wait for the current account - I have been told to give Revolut a try, so far Monzo wins by a first round TKO :slight_smile:

Cheers!

2 Likes

It feels even quicker than that at times.

1 Like

Hi there

I’m in a panic! I told my employers that they could use my Monzo details to send me my wages and nothing has appeared - and unfortunately due to other stresses, I have not been checking my Monzo account and did not notice the payments were not appearing. Where has my money gone?!

Contact us through in-app chat with as much information about the transfer as you can get!

We should be able to find these ones for you but we say that wages generally aren’t supported on the prepaid Beta cards because the required reference is almost never used.

Thanks - am now attempting to sort it out through in-app chat.

ive a monzo card , i dont have any other documentation , showed my card to the bank and post office , they said they need a bank account and a sort code where i can do a transfer, please tell me what to do.

Details of how to do a bank transfer are in the app. Reference number is the number on the bottom left of your card

E0AE4761-5C92-4D68-AB39-985FC9742153

Hi, is it possible to top up by bank transfer for the first top up before receiving the card ?
what would be the reference then ?

Thank you