Top up feature gone?

@r910557 I also wouldnt transfer my salary to something which is still in testing

They have already said they will be bringing it back…just not right away

3 Likes

What’s still in testing? That’s where you lose me.

The Current Account is being launched. It’s been tested and is now going live, for real.

3 Likes

I think @Boogieberlin does have a point in that there should be an additional page as part of the migration to advise what functionality will be lost as a result.

This does not need to be shown to new customers as they would never have had the beta.

So an “are you sure you want to migrate now?” Question would have been good. Though this does not mean the features will all be back in place before the migrations are forced at least then it a more informed decision.

5 Likes

Give up on what? That a comment a bit out of nowhere and out of context.

My salary has been going into Monzo for three months. Remember - Monzo has

Top up by card is currently removed but will be back.

10 Likes

There is. I upgraded about 5 mins ago, entirely through the app and one of the pages I had to click through was a list of the features I would gain, and a list of the features I would lose (and a note that CASS wasn’t available yet)

8 Likes

I’ve had all my stuff going in and out of Monzo for a few months now. Monzo has FSCS protection as well so in the very unlikely event of something going wrong you’d be refunded up to £85k.

6 Likes

People that are testing a ‘beta’ product should be ensuring they’re well informed about what it is they’re testing, no? By spending a little time reading and participating in Monzo’s blog posts/forum threads, all of this stuff would be obvious. It’s not exactly hidden information.

1 Like

Just as a heads up, it does mention that at the moment topup will not be available by credit/debit card quite clearly during the upgrade process. @Boogieberlin

4 Likes

I took a screen shot of all of the steps and none of them mention this. :man_shrugging:t2: Are you both iOS or android? It could be the screens are different though it wouldn’t make any sense to do so.

Here are the screenshots of Andriod I shared on another thread;

https://community.monzo.com/t/upgrade-migration-updates/26005/309?u=alisufyan

Monzo has over 400,000 users, and only 6.5k of them have been on the forum in the last 30 days. That’s fewer than have the CA preview. Relying on people to read the forum to get product information won’t end well

5 Likes

No, I do agree. But what should happen and what does happen are two completely different things :wink: Shouldn’t be a problem for new users now that they will never have had these features anyway. I do think a lot of people were lured for various reasons into getting a ‘beta’ monzo card and then forgetting that they were actively taking part in testing it.

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback, we’re going to make it clearer to people that topping up current accounts with a debit card isn’t current possible before people upgrade.

We’re working on bringing debit card top ups to current accounts, but in the meantime you can use bank transfers to get money into your Monzo account.

For those that don’t want to move their salary to Monzo yet, setting up a standing order for the amount you top up each week/month/etc could help you keep using Monzo similar to how you used the prepaid card, without having to keep jumping back to your other bank’s app/website.

I hope this helps, we’ll be positing updates on debit card top ups as we make progress.

9 Likes

Sounds good. Looking forward to have it back :wink:

Is there a time frame on this? We were talking about this a month ago (e.g. Please keep the prepaid cards - #92 by ralf) and there still seems to be no progress on this front. Given that it’s now mid-January and we’d told we’d be automatically migrated in December, it’d be nice to know when this feature is going to be available for the CA.

And even worse, the official invitation emails still keep saying “it’s exactly the same” even though it clearly isn’t. At least this time in the email, you do at least tell us that - the preview invitation email didn’t.

It doesn’t even seem to be a technically hard thing for you to implement. You already have the hard part of taking the direct debit payment in place, you just need to change a number in a different database instead.

So, again, what’s the time frame on this? This week? Next week? Next month? After the forced migration?

2 Likes

More than likely it will be after the forced migration from what i’ve seen

It’d nice to be told officially rather than speculating though.

This is a big deal - currently topping up via direct debit means that you can do it safely and securely when out and about. There’s no chance that I’ll ever do internet banking from a public place.

1 Like

The issue is, when an approximate timescale has been given before for certain things, people have held them religiously to it. So I think they are more reticent now…

3 Likes