The Colour of the Debit Card

I think dozens have got the orange/yellow covered now (mango).

Very true - I just feel like the Monzo Logo doesnā€™t actually mean anything - the app certainly doesnā€™t have any of the colours - the blue isnā€™t even the ā€œmidnight blueā€ that the app has (I know its the background of the logo but the point remains - just feel like they could do more with the colours on the logo.

2 Likes

The :monzo: Monzo M logo was discussed recently at Monzo HQ:

Monzo Logo Design Change?

1 Like

Interesting discussion and no clear direction of travel.

I just think using those colours more would be better than scrapping it for a minimalist and IMO boring plain ā€˜Mā€™.

1 Like

I donā€™t actually care about the colour. Just that cards issued for different purposes - Personal and Joint in my own example - are different colours. :smiley:

2 Likes

It seems such a simple idea yet no mainstream bank seems to have adopted it as far as I know. It makes you wonder what the cost ā€˜barriers to entryā€™ are for this sort of thing.

Barclays for example can have pictures of your choice on the normal debit cards, the business cards are just plain blue, but then they also have platinum cards for people with more money etc. I believe they also have a black card too for the mega rich.

Potentially I could end up with three coral cards all the same, will end up being very confusing!

A choice of card colour would be good, the pink card is fine for our female friends but for the guys surely not.

The hot coral is fine for all to be honest and good for brand awareness - Iā€™m sure you have/will have had someone say ā€œyou wonā€™t lose that in a hurryā€.

You can have another colour of card if you sign up for Monzo Plus (2 other colours available at present). You can read up about monzo plus here.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with fellas being into the pinkā€¦ but I suspect you are talking about the ā€˜Hot Coralā€™ card.

As swock1080 said, Monzo Plus gives more choice.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I personally donā€™t feel my masculinity is threatened by my carrying around a hot coral ā€œpinkā€ card, and I use it with a sense of pride. I also like seeing others use it, and immediately feel a sense of kinship.

If anything, I wish there were only one card colour - since I agree with some posters on other threads that the introduction of multiple colours as part of Monzo Plus risks diluting the tribal sense of belonging and community many Monzo customers feel.

10 Likes

:rotating_light: ERTā€¦TROLL ALERTā€¦TROLL ALERTā€¦TROLL ALERTā€¦TROLL AL :rotating_light:

3 Likes

This thread is hilarious :joy:

Imagine actually having such fragile masculinity that you think the colour of your debit card would affect itā€¦

2 Likes

This has been suggested about 19 times now. Please search before posting :slight_smile:

PS: Attributing colours to genders is a little bit old now. Probably not the wisest thing you could have said.

PPS: Itā€™s not pink. Itā€™s Hot Coral.

2 Likes

Coral is assossiated with fish. Iā€™m not a fish so Iā€™m offended by the colour too :tropical_fish:

I agree with the OP to be honest as Iā€™ve had remarks when using the card and to be honest I canā€™t really blame them. In any case itā€™s not my main account so I donā€™t really care, but in saying that there is Apple Pay and Google Pay so the card colour isnā€™t seen.

1 Like

Someone has mentioned. You can already get other colours with monzo plus. This is your answer.

I understand the thought about the colour, but itā€™s not really mistakable as pink, as itā€™s not pink. Iā€™m not even sure itā€™s clearly a feminine colour, maybe.