Starling Feedback

Hi everyone,

This thread got a bit heated over the weekend, so here’s a reminder of our Code of Conduct. In particular:

We avoid:

• Name-calling.
  • Ad hominem attacks (criticising a poster personally, not their post).
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.

I’m not taking any further action at the moment, so I’m not locking the thread or anything. Just a friendly reminder.

6 Likes

No working link Jack :+1:

Not sure what happened there I’ll repost :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

If possible could you please continue the discussion on vertical cards here :arrow_right: Vertical Card Discussion (All Banks) 💳

We’ve merged a few threads to create the above.
It’s been such a hot topic lately it would be nice to keep all the chatter in one place :slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Don’t lose your Starling card while abroad :joy::joy::joy:
For £60 fee I will happily pay my back-up legacy bank’s charges :rofl:

From their brand new FAQ:

I’ve lost my card when abroad, will you send me a new one?
Yes, however our processes for this are currently highly manual, so it is available at a cost of £60. We find that secure delivery is a challenge when our customers on holiday are moving from place to place.

1 Like

£60?? Unless Anne is hand delivering it by private jet it seems a bit steep

10 Likes

With this fee it is almost guaranteed that free overseas ATM withdrawals won’t be removed :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

£20 for a paper statement

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/i-need-a-paper-statement-do-you-supply-these/7520

7 Likes

Not everyone who goes abroad loses their card by the way. I sure you know that :joy:

£60 is just ridiculous just seems like Starling plans to take advantage of a bad situation.

6 Likes

Per request. Hopefully not per individual statement. :thinking:

2 Likes

Or per page :joy:

2 Likes

If you request 1 statement to prove your address but you only use the account very occasionally it might end up like that though

1 Like

It seems Starting Bank are trying to polish their legacy rust. Mega-lolz!!

4 Likes

Well, at least the charges are clear. Eye wateringly clear.

All that chat about overdraft charges and then Starling do this :joy:

7 Likes

Maybe they couldn’t find the decimal point… nah they just wanna rinse folks who are having a bad time. Nice one!

1 Like

WHAT??? Are you just kidding me :hushed: I needed a paper statement (full story here) and :monzo: offered to send one without even mentioning any charges! (not 100% sure if it would have been free but they didn’t mention any). Even my legacy bank has free paper statements, legacy…

side note: I just opened an account with Starling to test and compare with Monzo. :wink:

3 Likes

shall I narrow it down to by transaction? :speak_no_evil::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No, there’s no change with Monzo

£20 per request with Starling

1 Like

In case you didn’t know Monzo haven’t made any profit so far. Now you know why! :joy::joy:

2 Likes