Starling Feedback

Lies being spoken about Starling? Probably. Lies not countered? Unlikely.

2 Likes

Did you not counter it on the starling forum?

No, Iā€™m not on the Starling forum, other than as a passive observer.

1 Like

I canā€™t find the thread, has it been removed?

2 Likes

Wow, looks like. And they talk about topics being hidden/closed over here!

1 Like

Back in January 2018 a number of British iPhone owners (including one member of the Macworld team) noticed that Apple Pay Cash had appeared in their Wallet app. It seemed to be a glitch: when they tried to follow the setup prompts, it generated a message saying ā€˜Could Not Set Up Apple Pay Cash; Apple Pay services are currently unavailableā€™.

3 Likes

Oh man. @anon40728597ā€™s deleted comment about things not being deleted at the Starling forum seems even funnier now.

5 Likes

Just to clarify, the thread hasnā€™t been deleted.

1 Like

I read it as an implication that Monzo was doing the same since you responded to the earlier comment about advertising and mentioned the fact that some firms do do this to get this to ensure their brands get more coverage. Itā€™s something that Tom has singled out in a tweet as well, with groups offering to implicate other brands with false trustpilot reviews. Youā€™ll have to forgive me for making assumptions, since I remembered you speaking about the fact Monzoā€™s claim that theyā€™ve not spent any money on publicity to be untrue before and assumed you were making the same statement. I was also admittedly swayed by your usual remarks against Monzo on the Starling forum and assumed the worst from someone who generally refers to us as kool-aiders/ apologists/ baying mob. Iā€™m not great with sarcasm or pointed statements.

Thank you for clarifying your position and your POV as someone within the entertainment industry, I doubt after your response about this youā€™d feel any more welcome on here so I wonā€™t offer empty words, but Iā€™m sure we can find some non-monzo related threads on here to peacefully co-exist on and chat about biscuits, Brexit, and the over-use of gifs and emoji :sparkles: happy weekend!

3 Likes

Censored then.

1 Like

Suddenly there nowā€¦

Iā€™m not entirely sure what happened.

The thread is available now though.

1 Like

#awks

What error message did you get? Because it should be there. I donā€™t think they delete threads just lock them some times

It was gone for few a minutes (maybe shorter), but I can access it now, so not sure what happened.

1 Like

24 posts were split to a new topic: Headphone Chat

On the point of Starlingā€¦ I donā€™t know why this thread needs to decend into a virtual back and forth about whose better.

There are people who actively use both products, who comment on how they work and offer feedback on their experience.

Then there are people who just sit on the other forum, waiting for news about Monzo, to report it back and start flinging mud.

Information will always reach both forums because of how many crossover customers there are - But itā€™s really hard to interpret the tone of a message, if you donā€™t follow the other forum (this works for both Monzo and Starling).

There are a few people on the Starling forum, who simply stay there to ā€œbig upā€ Monzo, and criticise Starling at every opportunity they get (not real names, so no idea who they are).

Likewise there are a few people on this thread who seem to drive the knife further into Starling at every opportunity they get.

You donā€™t seem to have it the other way (from my experience of both forums), where people are overly pro Starling.

I get there is nothing people can do about an open forum, and in this day and age youā€™ll always get a bit of a keyboard war at times - But I donā€™t think Monzo customers should feel the need to defend their bank, on a different forum to where the initial comment came from.

This community is one of Monzos greatest resources - It doesnā€™t need to defend itself and itā€™s product.

Lastly, for someone not on both forums, the impression you get is that the Starling forum just talk about how bad Monzo is - That is far from the truth. Most people are extremely complimentary about Monzo (the product). They will often say ā€œCan Starling do this? Because Monzo do and itā€™s greatā€.

There is very little real negativity about Monzo (sarcastic comments aside), and itā€™s more pro Monzo than here at times :joy:

Anyway, I just wanted to say that, because both forums are great, and the people on both are great as well.

18 Likes

I agree with this a lot. If someone says something that makes me feel bad or that I believe to be wrong it doesnā€™t mean I have to do anything about it :slightly_smiling_face:

Thereā€™s a lot to be said for accepting other peopleā€™s views as being as as valid as your own, especially when that is difficult

2 Likes

But as a wise person once said ā€˜everyone is entitled to their own views but they are not entitled to their own factsā€™

2 Likes

Sure, thatā€™s in the definition of a fact :slightly_smiling_face:. An interesting question, do I need to correct someone who is portraying something as a fact when I believe it not to be so?

My answer in the context of a competitor bank forum is probably not

Thinking about it I feel that people often implicitly present opinion as fact pretty frequently. So if I need to do something about it every time Iā€™d forever be arguing and annoying people