SPECULATION - We're getting close - what's in the new Plus? 👀

They said it would launch in the first quarter of this year if I remember correctly, so only a couple of days left.

2 Likes

Ah yeah that only leaves 2 days. Doubtful that it will happen though :frowning:

I agree :cry:

Obviously nobody could foresee the situation we’re in now with the virus, so we’re expecting an update to at least say it is delayed.

1 Like

If Monzo released it but said people would have to sign up to a waiting list to access it as its been rolled out over a period of time.

Would this still count as it being released before the end of Q1?

You’ve kind of answered your own question in what you’ve written.

Then it is released :thinking: People are getting access to it so that covers the definition :slight_smile:

Just like loans are released, not everyone is eligible but the feature is still released.

I feel it being delayed due to COVID and it being delayed because it was running behind are two very different reasons

The obviously the former I would hope most would understand

It could be ready to go, but just not marketable in the current climate(a traveller option say, when we’re confined to our homes)

I think we can nearly guarantee travel insurance was included and probably was a sizeable chunk of offering

3 Likes

Agree with quite a lot of the posts tbh, an update of any kind what so ever would be nice

In other hand pandemic strongly reduced amount of card transactions what (I guess) strongly impacted monzo (every bank) revenue. There is no better time to get some other source of income (monthly subscription)

2 Likes

Surely card transactions would go up. People not wanting to use cash, shopping online etc.

Well im basing this off my own personal experience but working from home has drastically reduced the number of transactions ive made.

My average spend would go up as im going to the shop and doing bigger shops every few days as opposed to getting lunch everyday etc.

Also things like the number of takeouts, haircuts, cinema trips etc have taken a massive dive

2 Likes

Definitely going down

Well, up or down, a tiny part of Monzo revenue.

Looks like most people weren’t expecting an update or don’t think there will be one

I can only speak for myself but I clicked ‘What update?’ because although I would expect an update, I think that is the approach Monzo will take. A few more options in the poll would’ve given better results I think

It was more a tongue in cheek poll to see what people generally thought. We will find out in the next 40 odd hours if there will be an update in Q1 or not

I don’t think it is unrealistic to expect an update at this point

At first they did the weekly updates with literally nothing substantive week after week. Then the community asked for updates when there is something to update on (looking at the teardowns there is actually quite a lot), but all we have is radio silence from Monzo for at least three months now.

They have this community. The whole point was transparency and a community focused approach. And now we’ve been abandoned because they struggle to find a balance

4 Likes

I think if Monzo release an update, it will find its way into the press and will be interpreted negatively. Radio silence on the other hand is annoying for us, but makes terrible news.

2 Likes

But some people have the emotional bandwidth to be able to process more than one thing at the same time. Why shouldn’t people speculate - as it in the title of the thread after all.

6 Likes