The next tier of plus

Im not sure if there is ever going to be a higher tier than the current plus, but what would you like to see in the next tier of plus?

Metal card would be nice.

Incomingā€¦ :rocket:

1 Like

More incomingā€¦ :rocket::rocket:

2 Likes

I expect we will see some of the features of ā€œold Plusā€ making a return - I think the extra things in addition to normal Plus will probably also include travel-oriented things like insurance and possibly even airport lounge access?

There is and they confirmed it at launch. Itā€™s already done :+1:

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s already on public record that they had planned for a simultaneous launch but then put off the more premium tier due to COVID.

Thatā€™s one of the things that I think we can take as a clue to there being travel-related features included.

1 Like

Anyone else remember the days when a bank was just a bank? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yes, about 5 years ago!

Seems an age ago now. Back in the olden days people would commonly pick a bank based on their nearest branches - I doubt many do this now (unless they have been hit by a branch closure and specifically want to move to a bank which still has a branch). Things have changed so quickly, looking back.

Yeah, my first bank, at aged 16, was NatWest, purely because I started work, work said I needed a bank account, and NatWest were next door to work.

No other considerations at the time.

Stayed with them for about 14 years I think.

2 Likes

Yes, my first ever bank account was opened for me by my parents, and we picked it because it was a local branch where my mum already had an account. You got a free Money Box to take home to promote saving, too.

I still have the account now, years later, and I hope to continue keeping it open as it is having a positive impact on my credit history, having been opened long before any of my other accounts. Of course, I now actually use the other accounts which generally fit my needs better, and hardly use my old account at all. But even for nostalgia reasons, I think Iā€™ll keep the account open.

PS: I also still have the money box!

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see whatever Monzo had planned.

I care not one jot for a metal card, but then Iā€™m not out and about flashing it everywhere so people can look and go ā€˜ohhhh a metal card you must be super specialā€™ā€¦ but seriously, what is the fascination with a metal card? I donā€™t get it at all (each to their own and all that).

3 Likes

A bank card that also allows you to open parcels with ease? :thinking:

6 Likes

Yes you do.

:joy:

3 Likes

why have a leather wallet as opposed to a plastic wallet , why eat heinz baked beans when you can get other brands which dont cost as much , why buy nike trainers ???

2 Likes

These are not just beans these are HeInZs beans :wink:

1 Like

I canā€™t wait for my metal card to pop up on Google Pay and for people to go ā€˜ohhhh a picture of a metal card you must be super specialā€™.

2 Likes

I want a Metal Card so i can flex on all the retail staff - Joke.
I actually want it to look speshul

3 Likes

I want to perfect throwing my metal card to take caps off beer bottles as a party trick :beer:

3 Likes

Pure Skill. Cant do that with a plastic card. All the more reason for a Metal Card :money_with_wings:

1 Like