Smartwatches!

I’m another Apple Watch Series 0 owner. I’m tempted to upgrade as I hear the newer models are much faster. And I’d definitely go for a GSM model if o2 supported it. I’ve had bad experiences with EE and o2 has been really good recently (plus my office building gets practically zero signal on any other network but as o2 are a client, we’ve got some kit installed which gives us full 4G all over, so switching away would be a nightmare).

I use it a lot for fitness tracking. I used to run a lot, so used the Workouts app or Strava. Now I go to the gym instead of running and use it to log how long I’ve been working out, the rest between sets or exercises. I’ve not found a good gym app that lets me log what I’m doing, how many reps I’ve done and what my next exercise are yet, at the moment I just keep my phone handy.

I really love the Siri face on the latest update, though it’s a tad slow on the S0. Upcoming meetings, news headlines, weather forecasts, it’s super handy.

IMG_3925

1 Like

Good to see so many apple watches :+1:

2 Likes

I would show my home screen but they are pics of my little one that are on rotation so instead here is a pic of it asleep

42" Space Gray

file

1 Like

You have a VERY big wrist!

It’s all about the angles :wink:

1 Like

That’s what I tell my partner :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Does the Fitbit I won from Lucozade count? :joy:

I did have a Moto 360 gen1… But I sold that after a couple of years, it really slowed down and started showing its age :confused:

But I really want a nice wear 2.0 watch… I just can’t decide on which one! :grin:

IMG_20171020_145114

1 Like

I’m also an early adopter (aka victim) of the Apple Watch. Got my Series 0 as soon as it launched. A few weeks ago the battery expanded pushing the screen out of the case. Apple gave me a Series 1 as replacement, which is nice.

Today I’m wearing it full “Follow me on Twitter” mode.

IMG_3848

4 Likes

Better?

IMG_3776

2 Likes

I love my Apple Watch :smiley:
woody

3 Likes

Pretty much what @IanLyon said minus the dog. I have an iPhone plus and it’s massive to be taking on runs.

Also when I play 5 aside I leave my phone secure in the car but then when players are running late or can’t make it there is no way to know. Until now! :joy: Last week I am at the pitchside and get a call to my watch saying they were still a few minutes out.

Had Apple implemented 4G via a separate sim/number I would not have been interested. But doing what they have where it clones your phone sim and only kicks in when it cannot detect the phone I think is perfect for my use case.
8DAEFC2D-3D59-4173-94E7-94C0088C7861

Also that 84% is from 8am this morning. I frequently charge every other day now. Or do a quick charge to top it up.

3 Likes

I had the Moto 360 when it game out but haven’t used it in ages
Now rocking the fossil smart watch :heart_eyes:

I always wondered who would use these faces :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Love me a bit of Pixar/Disney :slight_smile:

So happy to see a smartwatch thread! I am thinking of getting one but can’t decide. Do we think Fitbit will do anything with the Pebble tech they bought??

They already did by the looks of it!

1 Like

BDD00A16-33EB-4A9E-A7F5-FEC03CC89E4F

They’re starting to although the features aren’t there yet so it does little more than the Blaze at the moment. Fitbit Pay is coming along in the US I believe but there’s no sign of an App Store or similar yet and the software is very much an Issue 1. The exercise features are all present as you might imagine.

For all that, it was a good gift to receive and I’m interested to see where it gets to in time.

2 Likes

I thought that was the last function of a smartwatch :wink:

3 Likes

I had a Pebble 2 with Heart Rate for a few days. It was the first (and only) project i backed on Kickstarter. After long delays i finally received my watch then Pebble went bankrupt the next day.

It was a decent enough device but more than i actually needed. I only backed it because i wanted something to track steps that had a display (replacing the Xiaomi Mi Band S i had at the time).

I sold the Pebble on eBay and purchased a Xiaomi Mi Band 2 instead and that’s still what i use today.

It’s a very basic device but i only wanted it for checking the time and steps/distance. Integrates with Google Fit and Apple Health. I know it has some limited notifications support but i disabled all that. Battery life is excellent though. I charge it on the 1st of every month and it usually still has around 40% left. Very reasonably priced too, selling for under £30 at Amazon and less if you buy direct from China.

1 Like

I wear a Jawbone UP3 for that purpose - sleep tracking etc.

I did have a Mi Band 2 when they first came out, but sold it. At that time (may be different now) it didn’t support biphasic sleep, which is how I usually sleep, so it was no good for me.

1 Like