Slow support responses

Customer service was one of those things are people really praised with Monzo and now that seems to be slipping and going the other way now

3 Likes

28 hours and I have a response. :raised_hands:

1 Like

I waited 2 days for a response to a query, got asked a follow up question at 8:45am today, replied 30 mins later and nothing since. Do I need to wait another 2 days now?

You may have gone to the back of the queue, we are trying to mitigate this as much as possible, if you send me your email I’ll bump it back up for you!

1 Like

Thanks Beth, all done.

This has been manually changed at the moment, it’s not entirely accurate but it helps us to set correct expectations for now :+1:

Intercom doesn’t account for the way we split queues, but rather reports our response times for all of the messages we receive as one big pool.

This was throwing some customers off, setting incorrect expectations with non urgent wait times and causing some folks to start new conversations after it exceeded the number Intercom were reporting.

That actually adds to the backlog and was making it a bit harder to get back to folks, so we took it to its furthest point temporarily, but we’re looking forward to switching it back soon :blush:

2 Likes

I had a need to call Monzo today as I had no data reception and couldn’t withdraw cash. I called twice but had no answer. Eventually I got on WiFi and managed to do an urgent message through chat and my issue was fixed quick. Just wondered why does the call just fail to answer instead of hitting a queue? If I had my card/phone stolen I’d want to be assured I could get through to someone even if I did need to wait a little.

10 Likes

Just gonna bump this with a message from 5 hours ago coz thread coz it fits and money is due to leave tomorrow and no response from Monzo…

IMG_3118

Send it again using urgent. You won’t get a reply before tomorrow otherwise

2 Likes

I could but really I shouldn’t need to :eyes:

2 Likes

If you cancelled the Direct Debit Instruction in app before it’s attempted, it’ll fail as you’ve removed the permission for the payment.

3 Likes

Have you cancelled it in the app?

2 Likes

Yeah I cancelled the DD in app but it still shows as going to be taken tomorrow, also as they said it was now in process it could still go so to check.

Never had to do this before so all new to me…

It’ll still show as pending in app as we’ve got the BACs file applied, but when we attempt to collect the payment this should not be successful!

8 Likes

Ahhh ok cool, just thought I’d check.

Thanks for confirming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sent a non urgent message on Friday evening still no acknowledgement/response and worst I don’t even know if its been read because new chat system doesn’t show that.

3 Likes

The fact this is still an issue months later is incredibly worrying. I’m seeing reports of people not being get through when calling as well, just getting a recorded message saying “we’re too busy”. Just imagine if legacy bank had this level of “support”…

5 Likes

I agree with you and just tired of Monzo staff telling us how they are employing more and more people in customer service roles but in my experience and I have also talked to few friends things are getting worst on this wait time.

3 Likes

Customer Services basically can make or break some companies IMO… I keep seeing that new staff are coming on board everyday however the response times don’t reflect this.

11 Likes

And the quality of support isn’t great. I had some standing order issues the other week. No real insight into what happened or why (though I’ve since seen it discussed on the forum), response said they’d been retried and were successful. They weren’t, I made faster payments myself. When I pointed that out, still no insight (or apology) just a ‘glad it’s all worked out fine’. Currently not the same company as when I signed up. Thankfully I don’t need support that often…

2 Likes