Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

I didn’t mean to be rude or anything, I was just asking what kind of perks/extra features they were expecting by linking the accounts (as I assume they were actually looking for a certain feature, like maybe talking to support directly on here). Maybe should’ve added an emoji or two. :wink:

2 Likes

No emojis necessary. It’s about asking the right questions.

“Is there a particular reason why you’d like to merge the two accounts?” for example. If you can ascertain the reasoning, then you maybe able to provide an alternate solution.

1 Like

No, not really. I saw some people with tags like Crowdfund Investor etc. I’m one those actually and wondering how they have linked the account like that.

1 Like

Those are actually added manually, so you need to make sure you signed up with the same email as on Crowdcube (you can change your community email in your profile settings) and then post here and someone will add you to the proper group! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, email is correct :slight_smile:

1 Like

Card security
The granularity of card security within Starling was a positive feature for me. Do we have anything similar (beyond gambling lock and location) with the Monzo card. If not, might we?

Screenshot:

Responses not expected before half-time…

6 Likes

It’s certainly cool!

I’m interested in some of the use cases? What do you personally use it for? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s certainly varied over time. It’s frequently been mentioned when new users have inadvertently clicked/disabled a control, forgotten they’ve done it and wondered why they’ve been denied a particular function.

In my case, I’ve deliberately disabled ATM access to see the result. Once denied, a simple enabling click gives you that access back. Fleetingly frightening then a sigh of relief.

You can pretty much see where each feature is aimed. As I recall, the control list emerged as use cases were pitched.

1 Like

Hi
Am I right in thinking that as long as I am transferring money from a UK Bank Account directly into my Monzo Account, there is no limit as to how much I can transfer? Also, is it correct that as long as there are sufficient funds in my Monzo Account, I can use the card to spend up to ÂŁ10,000 per day?

Yes, that’s all correct :slight_smile:

Liam

1 Like

Hi Liam

Thank you.

not as a total amount but for large sums you may have to send a payment in multiple transactions. Banks have limits for FPS transfers, which vary from bank to bank and may vary if you set it up online or via phone banking. So say you want to send ÂŁ750,000 while Monzo will be quite happy to receive it you may have to send one payment of ÂŁ500,000 and another of ÂŁ250,000 if your bank has a ÂŁ500,000 limit. The limits for each bank can be looked up on the FPS website.

1 Like

Why would you want to spend 10k a day? Ridiculous

Could be a sole trader using his account & card for business expenses.

Fuel for your plane? I had a friend with his own Boeing and ground crew and the fuel was very expensive.

2 Likes

On the other hand, if you’ve only got ground crew, you don’t need much fuel. :wink:

Outreageous

Yes, I meant flight crew…not owning one myself I am not well versed in the lingo :joy:

3 Likes

If you need to pay in cash or a cheque to your account which bank or outlet can be used to do this ?

Hi Martin

Take a look in the FAQ section of the app. You can pay cheques in by post but you can’t currently deposit cash.

Here’s the relevant guidance:

3 Likes