Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

Nope. No British bank (or other business or public body) will pay attention to what it says re your residence in your foreign passport. It’s entirely irrelevant to UK businesses and authorities.

4 Likes

Great!

Thank you so much. Will upload the picture later tonight then.

2 Likes

it’s really good forum, can you please tell me the reason behind the name ‘monzo’?

1 Like

They used to be called Mondo, but due to a trademark dispute they had to rebrand. A vote on the community forum picked the “Monzo” name. :+1:

1 Like

I was logged out of monzo and when i triwd to log in it asked me to make new account with same account. I had used account related to this email before but now it asked to make new one . I made one but now it says sorry cant offer you monzo account atm. Need help please

1 Like

Email help@monzo.com and they can help you

4 Likes

Hi, I’m new and am curious about pots.The government’s Money Advice service calls then jam-jars ( https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/managing-your-money-using-the-jam-jar-approach)

You blogged about pots here back in November too: https://monzo.com/blog/2017/11/20/pots/

Have all your plans been completed?

Also can we pay money in at the post office?

No. At least not yet. Nor at PayPoint, which has far more outlets than the Post Office.

Hi,

I’m MA advertising student and I am currently writing my thesis and using Monzo as a one of my case studies. I’ve got (only!) 5 interview questions, which I would really like to discuss with one of your marketing team members. Please let me know how to contact with you, much appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face: @cookywook

Best,

Helen

4 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m sure this has been asked before, but, what is the IBAN number? I need it for my salary.

Many thanks

There is no IBAN yet, you would have to use a service such as TransferWise

1 Like

Ok thanks for your quick reply

@Cat65 To add it’s coming within 3 months. So you’ll then be able to provide it to your employer.

Has the inclusion of the transaction timestamp in the feed been discussed please?

The time of transaction should be at the top of the screen when you click a transaction

2 Likes

I knew that, of course :flushed: (thanks @glasgow)

2 Likes

It’s easy to miss! :smiley:

1 Like

How can I link my Monzo account and this community account?

1 Like

You can’t as the community’s systems are actually totally separate from Monzo and are run by a third-party. :confused:

Was there a specific reason why you wanted to merge the two accounts? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@erincerol was just asking a question.

What makes you think they were after any “Perks”? Newbie friendly remember.