Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

The article above in the post from @don_quixote explains why you can’t be told.

Thanks for the info .

3 Likes

Yes thankfully, saved my weekend getting paid early

1 Like

Glad to hear paid early worked for you. I find it really handy for refunds as a lot of them are bacs, so you get them a day early as well!

This is the kind of thing that stops me going full monzo. I just don’t believe all the accounts they’ve closed are dodgy. They’ve really put some people on an impossible financial situation. I’m appalled they are continuing to do it at this time. I know they legally cannot divulge reasons but they could leave some money in account for people to live on.

you should look at the actual complaints that the FCA deal with for Monzo to get a reflection of how many complaints they actually get through to an Ombudsmans decision

Type in Monzo , type in the date range and have a look at how many of these allegations come to the ombudsman

2 Likes

They can’t legally leave some money if they suspect illegal activity

1 Like

Would you be concerned if you weren’t reading this forum? Because that’s the equivalent to the situation with other banks: we’re not reading their (non-existent) forums.

1 Like

to put some perspective on some complaints, and Im not saying all complaints are unjustified , but Monzo gets no chance to answer back when accused of wrongdoing 
sometimes by “bad actors” on the forum , and facebook , who use intimidation tactics to try and get what they want :man_shrugging:

Some people 
rightly. 
or wrongly 
 get very upset when things don’t go the way that they want ,which is why the ombudsman has the unbiased last view of the situation

1 Like

You’ll also notice a common pattern across most of stories from those claiming their accounts were “wrongly frozen”. For example, it’s always tens of thousands of pounds.

I went to a Local pay point shop intending to deposit cash into my Monzo bank account. I asked the cashier if I could deposit some cash into my bank account via PayPoint. thay could not do it mc coll’s 1 HOLLYGUEST ROAD, HANHAM, AVON, BRISTOL, BS15 9NU

Ask them to top up the card and tell them to swipe it

I’m trying to open an account but can’t get past first step of entering e mail address - have waited an hour for link. Have re installed app

HI Judith :wave:

Have you checked your junk/spam folders? It’s common for Monzo ‘magic link’ emails to end up there.

Especially if it’s Hotmail

Yes - it’s not there. I did see something about using a gmail acc. But I don’t have one

1 Like

Is your email a personal one, or a work/student account?

1 Like

If I open a monzo account as a sole trader, can i add another user? Or at least get a second payment card?

thanks
ben

You need to open a Monzo Business account and that will give you two cards.

More information here:

I understood that already - but can you get multiple cards on the ‘sole trader’ account or is it restricted to ltd co account only