Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

Does monzo have some sort of buyer protection? I am about to buy an item, and the seller is asking me to send money through this. I am afraid that I may get scammed and not get my money back.

Through what? monzo.me?

Do you bank with Monzo or another bank?

Yes, monzo.me

1 Like

Monzo.me is just an easier way of doing a bank transfer so the seller (in your case) doesn’t have to give you his account number and sort code.

Since it’s essentially just like a bank transfer I imagine it will be just like if you did this with any other bank. Whereby if you wanted to dispute it, you’d need to request a chargeback.

I was wondering what font Monzo uses?

Hi,

Source code of the website says mainly Maison Neue , I think the app is the same but unsure.

1 Like

Thank you @simonb
I have emailed the team. Waiting for their reply. :slight_smile:

Thank you! Im doing research into the brand :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do I use this rubbish app!!! I cannot for whatever reason vreate a new topic - instead have to reply to random ones! My question is why does the verification take more than the “upto” 48hours suggested - Im new to the app and after all this I might just scoot over and leave before trying …

Try sending an email to help@monzo.com?

Probably for the best if you’re getting this irate at using a standard forum and you’re conflating it with the Monzo app.

3 Likes

What problem are you having with the app? or is it a problem with this forum?

what was the issues you wanted to create a topic about?

My verification process is taking longer than expected…I joined this forum to check for reasons/workarounds - been struggling to write a new topic regarding this via mobile, hence, the frustration. I’ve emailed help@monzo.com now, so fingers crossed on a response.

It can take a while for email replies, not sure on the length of the email queue at the moment, but they’ll get back to you as soon as they can

There are no workarounds to the verification process, unfortunately. It is a waiting game and people have previously reported 2-3 days before being verified (or not)

How long is it since you submitted the video-selfie & ID details?

Hello!
My name’s Ma’Leiah, and I’m 16 years of age. I was trying to open an account with you all not too long ago, but, out of curiosity, do I really need to be 18 to open a US Monzo account?

Your question was already answered here: I HAVE AN IDEA...? AND AN INQUIRY!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

They’ve still not responded back to me!!! Ive sent two emails to hel0@mozo.com and no response!! How the hell do I get through !!!

The email address is help@monzo.com. As mentioned to you yesterday it can take a while for accounts to be approved (2-3 days) and unfortunately there is nothing anyone on here can do.

Monzos main area for support is through the app, so email is secondary to them and is therefore slower in response time.

As mentioned - the app is stuck on verifiting so no you cant contact them through the app. Email should be their main and I find it hard not to believe why ypu cant respond in 2/3 days to emails too. Started Starling process lets see how quick they act.