Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

I’d like to know whether you will offer partnership accounts. I have banked with Lloyds for 27 years and am pissed off that I can’t open a bank account for a UK partnership with property interests and so income from Ukraine. I have tried with traditional banks and it seems I hit a wall as soon as I mention activity in Ukraine. I guess Ukraine is grey or black listed despite great progress in the country recently.

Hi,

I haven’t seen any discussion on this, maybe start a feedback thread and people can discuss and vote.

Hmm, seems not much chance Monza be offering partnership accounts if it’s a first.

Can’t see what the difference is between a joint account and a partnership account. There’s joint liability up to the limit of the account. Aren’t personal and business accounts merging with pop up businesses and stuff?

By this message have I started a ‘feedback thread’?

You’ll need to create a fresh topic, unless one of the mods takes pity and does it for you.

That said, I’ve no understanding of what this partnership account is and what the Ukraine link is. Business accounts can be for partnerships, but I get the impression it’s something different to that? Either way, receiving money internationally is not fully implemented so you’d need to use the likes of Transferwise to get the money from Ukraine to any Monzo account you may open.

Feature requests:-

• please add functionality to transfer money between Pots, without having to go via the Current Account first
  • please allow to make adhoc payments directly from a Pot (perhaps giving a prompt at payment time. Default account can be Current Account, but would be great if had the option, otherwise have to move money around first)

Thanks

Make sure you go vote for your first point here:

I’d love that too!

Both your things have been suggested before. One is linked above and I’m sure you can find the other one by doing a quick search. Make sure to vote for them! :slight_smile:

Oh and welcome to the community :wave:

Where can I see the API documentation?
Would like to add integration allowing my service to see the arrival of a specific (identified by a 64 characters reference ID) expected bank to bank payment.

Here you go:

1 Like

Good day Richard,

Please assist me!! I am trying to send money to my Monzo account from my South African FNB account. It keeps asking me for Branch/Routing/IFSC Code/Fedwire or it says my BIC/Swift code is wrong. I then thought I managed to get a IBAN number which turned out to be invalid as well.

I emailed WBForex and they want me to open a Mercantile account in the UK? After having my mind set on Monzo, that is not an option for me.

Please explain how I can send money to my Monzo account.

Thank you and kind regards,

Tammy

Monzo do not currently accept international payments

The recommended option is to use a service like Transferwise

Thank you for your response.

Ok I have looked into Transferwise but now they will take the required amount from FNB and put it into Monzo? Trusted service?

Yes, Transferwise is well known and trusted (and I have used it myself every month for years) :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, I really feel so useless! On transferwise how do I do this? I loaded my FNB account as my account and the recipient my Monzo account now when I say send money it takes me to a calculated page where ZAR south africa is not an option?

Hi
Not sure if this is a new post or NOT as I am not used to blogging, so it may be a reply.

First i must say I love Monzo UK, I was excited to learn they are also opening up in the USA.

Now not so much, this bank in its present form cannot survive here, as Banking USA is totally different.
Checks (Cheques) here are very much alive and part of the Norm. There needs to be an easy way to deposit funds into your account, mailing it off to a distant place will not cut it, and if you transfer from another Bank account what is the point of MONZO. Here with Digital deposits, yep take a picture of your check to be deposited front and rear hit send to pay it in. Checks are still classed as a form of payment, but Monzo doesn’t have checks. I was really hoping it was going to be like Ally Bank. If MONZO is going to make the impact it deserves it needs to fall in line with other banking institutions. Think of it as an iPhone with no camera, it probably wouldn’t sell. So it really needs digital deposits and ATM withdrawals.

How do others in the US feel.

Ray

Welcome @Rays :wave:

Most peoples comments on cheque imaging are in regards to here in the UK where they’re less common. The section for Monzo in the USA is below where I believe the team responsible regularly chat with customers.

https://community.monzo.com/c/usa

You still raise some valid concerns though :slight_smile:

Is seems that you can transfer GBP (or other currencies) to ZAR, but not the other way around.

There’s a contact link at the bottom of that page, you could drop them a line to find out if this is likely to change.

Edit: Some countries have restrictions on taking currency out of the country, maybe this is the reason? I checked a couple other currency transfer sites and neither offered sending from ZAR either. :cry:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - February

just opened my account. can i spend on it straight away. how much credit do i have.

You should be able to add your card to Apple/Google Pay immediately, in advance of receiving your debit card.

There is no credit facility initially – it’s a bank account, not a credit card – but you can ask for an overdraft or even a loan if you want. Bear in mind that Monzo are conservative lenders, and credit is not guaranteed.

1 Like