Photo ID Verification Issue

Having probs photographing my passport via the app. Can I scan and email in?

1 Like

You’re going to have to talk to support via. in-app chat or help@monzo.com about this one. Though the Monzo team are active on this community site, account issues (especially those that involve sensitive data) are much better handled by the dedicated support team who have the tools and knowledge to help!

1 Like

When is verification asked for? I can’t remember having to do this (but I could be mistaken, I think I needed to do this when I signed up for Curve and it was about the same time so I may be getting mixed up).

I know we’d definitely need to do this when the bank account goes live, are new customers asked for ID now to make the transition easier in the future?

Verification is part of the KYC (Know Your Customer) process. As far as I’m aware, not all customers need to go through the whole process as it is possible to automatically verify some through other ways that don’t involve any action on your part.

If you can’t be automatically verified, you’re asked to submit documentation through a more manual process inside the app.

I have had some financial organizations ask for a copy of my passport but others haven’t and it feels a bit odd not having provided ID even if other KYC steps were taken! Maybe it will be nice to have an option to upload a copy, even for those who provided it before as we may renew our passport and could then provide you with a copy of the up to date version.

I’ve recently installed the Monzo app on my phone (Galaxy S6).
I’m at the stage that I’m trying to submit a photo of my passport and the short video. However, I got a notification that the photo I uploaded wasn’t clear enough. This happened twice.
I don’t think that the photo I took wasn’t clear so I think that even if I try again I’ll get the exact same error.

Is there a way to contact a real person for this procedure?
Should I do via the in-app help option or via the help@monzo.com email ?

1 Like

Hi Marios, this sounds like a similar issue to the one that was reported in this topic so I’ve moved your post here, to make it easier for other users to find the solution, I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

As Richard mentioned, emailing help@monzo.com or sending the team a DM on Twitter (include the photo with your message), will be the quickest way to get this sorted.

Thank you for your answer. I used the in-app help option and now the issue is solved!

1 Like