Monzo has stolen my money. Help!

I opened my account one year ago. All was fine. Today they suddenly blocked my card with £726 on it saying they “have problems verifying” me. I’ve no other money and am stranded at the train station unable to buy a ticket home. I have no money in any other accounts. I won’t be able to pay my rent or buy food. I’m just standing here in the street crying. They didn’t even give warning. The first I knew of it was when my card simply wouldn’t work on the tube. I’ve just no idea what to do. I have nobody to even borrow money from. I’m contemplating suicide

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that this has happened, Monzo haven’t stolen your money of course. Unfortunately there’s not a great deal that other users in the community can do to help you get verified (although it looks like you were completing that process last September) but I’ve flagged this post for the Monzo team.

1 Like

If you’re serious about the suicide thing, call 0800 58 58 58 or 116 123

Otherwise, Monzo haven’t stolen your money. Take a sit down, contact Monzo support through the app and wait a few mins, support will reply and sort everything out.

6 Likes

I sincerely wish this was a joke. It’s not. DO NOT TRUST YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY. I used my account with no problems for just under a full year before they did this. They are disgusting

Did what? Are you saying you contacted support and they’ve refused to do anything for you for today?

Hey, i’m really sorry that this has happened to you. Please get in touch via the in app chat and we will get this sorted for you as a priority. Ask for me (Stuart). At the moment we are unable to reach out proactively as we are unable to identify your account from the details on the forum.

Thanks,

Stuart

1 Like

@Hmm Hey, I’ve also dropped you a line for a few details. If you would prefer to forward your details this way please feel free. I’m really sorry to hear you’ve been left in this situation and hopefully we can come back to you with an update promptly.

I’m going to close this topic now that we’re in touch directly, hope that’s ok.