PayPoint Shops don’t know how to process cash deposits

That’s what I thought too… I am unsure why my Monzo chat advisor is saying otherwise :thinking:. I have queried the advisor’s statement about not all PayPoint locations being accepted.

Edit: chat advisor just told me they made a mistake in what they had advised me (i.e. all PayPoint locations can accept deposits).

(Gavin) #108

Thats good to hear

(Dave Berry) #109

With the rapid expansion of the COps team, not every query is answered by a Customer Service Ninja anymore, being told stuff that just isn’t true seems to be happening more often which is a shame. I got told I could add four weekly payments in the iOS app, but it’s not true (yet).

Today I went to a different PayPoint location, and this time it worked perfectly :grinning:

The shopkeeper swiped it in what looked to my untrained eyes to be the same as my unsuccessful attempt yesterday, and I got the notification immediately, and 10 mins later the desposit fully updated in the app. :grinning:

I don’t know why this PayPoint location was any different from the last when it looked like they did the same thing :man_shrugging:

(Splodf) #111

Could the other shop potentially have an older Paypoint system?

Who knows, maybe :man_shrugging:. The Monzo advice seems to be that it should work at all PayPoint locations though, so not sure if an older machine should make a difference? It’s seems like a possible explanation though.

Irrelevant as they’re all online and update themselves with whatever they do or don’t support.

(Hugh Wells) #114

It’s one of the side effects of onboarding a lot of people very quickly unfortunately :frowning: One of the other side effects is old hands (like myself) now infrequently talk to customers on the Frontline as we have other responsibilities.

It’s definitely no one’s intention to give inaccurate information and I’m really sorry if that has been the case. Conversations are both formally QA’d as well as our culture of direct feedback where anybody in the company feels able to pass on thoughts to anybody else. In COps that generally means if someone picking it up down the line, or on an escalation, notices something we could have done better, they’ll pass that on directly to the previous COp :+1:

(Nicolas) #115

I got my Monzo card today in the morning, in the afternoon i went to 2 Paypoint close to my home, (one local store and one Post Office) the first one told me, “you can’t do that here, we don’t do that”. The second one told me “sure, we do, please insert your card in the reader”, i told him that he needs to swipe the card, He replies me “sorry, we don’t have a swipe reader”.

Last week tried to top up my card…
Cashier asked me - “is it e-top up? Sorry we can’t help you”

(Gavin) #117

Message Monzo in the chat they will be able to help

(James Palmer) #118

My first PayPoint experience was also a bit haphazard:

• Like a couple of others, the shopkeeper tried using the chip first which failed. I prompted them to swipe it and then it was ok.
  • But the shopkeeper then saw some preset deposit values (up to £100) on his terminal screen and concluded that the maximum value allowed per transaction was £100. So, without asking, he processed my £300 as 3 separate transactions - charging me 3x £1 transaction fees :cry: (Customer support duly then refunded £2 though)

This was at BP Service Station, Black Brook Park Avenue, Taunton.

All in all - very happy the service is available though. Well worth the £1!