Pay at Pump Fuel

Yeah Morrison’s doesn’t even entertain the card.

1 Like

Has anyone got a contact email for Morrisons to try and get them to update their pay at pump machines? As usual probably a long haul but if enough people email might get somewhere.

1 Like

david.potts-ceo@morrisonsplc.co.uk

Great idea. I have emailed this evening, tried my card again this week and it asked me again to use the kiosk.

This is the last place I have found that doesn’t accept the Monzo card, although it works fine in the petrol station kiosk and in store.

Hope this gets sorted soon. :wink:

Thanks Simon! I’ll drop them an email and see if we get anywhere!

I’m not sure that your bank’s website is necessarily the most sensible place to tell that story…

OK, I was wondering from the way it read!

1 Like

My Monzo New Current Account Debit MasterCard doesn’t work at Costco Pay at Pump. Costco in Uk only accept Amex or debit cards so I would expect it to work. This would be a barrier to me using Monzo as my sole current account. Such a shame !

Didn’t you ask them to change their acceptance rules to cover all debit cards?

2 Likes

This is the response I received from Morrisons after asking their intentions regarding the current account card.

I bet their blacklist is updated much quicker, mind. Time will tell, so we shall see what happens in January! I hope they’re true to their word, my nearest Morrisons petrol station is literally 0.1 miles away.

1 Like

Great result if they stick to it, at least they’re aware of Monzo which is a step in the right direction!

Do the Mastercard Rules actually allow whitelisting only certain Mastercards (within a product category)? Absolutely awful practice.

As you can pay instore and not just at the pump Morrison’s can prob get away with it

I have a new CA Card and thought is was now possible to use these for offline transactions such as pay at pump but having tried several times I have not been successful the card is simply rejected :frowning:

Is there a solution to this as I cannot switch to Monzo as my main account if stuff like this doesn’t work?

Hi @pictor

Sorry to hear that this has been an issue :frowning:

Pay-at-pump isn’t usually an offline transaction but if you could DM me your email I will take a look at what’s happening for you

3 Likes

Hi Hugo.

Should I deduce from this that pay @ pump should now be working? I gave up on it long ago (even with CA preview) and have been using my other current account.

The only 2 pay at pump stations I have found that the monzo CA debit card doesnt work is Morrisons and CostCo

1 Like

I think it depends on the brand (Tesco, Morrisons, ASDA, Cosco UK) as to weather it works or not and if their software is up to date

1 Like

Sorry I assumed they were offline as when I use a card from another account to doesn’t show the transaction in any way for a couple of days, it’s Morrisons pay @ pump if that helps

Same for me. Morrisons pay at pump simply rejects card as unsupported card type. Not asking for PIN