No sign of my cheque

The thing is the cheque is worth £15,000 from my accident compensation, if it goes missing I’ll be very angry with Monzo.

1 Like

And because people just open another account to process them like you mentioned.

It’s a great strategy when you get your competitor to do all the legwork and then you reap the benefits when the money ultimately gets transferred back into your Monzo account :laughing:

1 Like

You can just call the company to cancel the cheque if you’re very worried

In the mean time, open an account elsewhere so you have branch access and pay in the new cheque f2f

@trevwmitchell this has got me really worried now :frowning:

Then cheque imaging wouldn’t have helped you in this situation because there is a limit. Your cheque far exceeds that of all banks who provide this service.

2 Likes

If it gets lost (a big if), then you can get a new one. It’s not like you’ve lost that all lying around in cash or whatever. Just chill for a bit, and wait for Monzo to get back to you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t let anyone worry you. Cheque imaging wouldn’t work for that value anyway.

We’ve already explained that the worst case scenario is still nothing to be concerned about. What else is troubling you?

Sorry, I didn’t note the value…so yes imaging would not work.

I hope it turns up for you.

Although I see a good case here for cheque imaging to start the process to atleast log it before it hits royal mail to be delivered to Monzo.

What? That would just complicate the process even more.

1 Like

I may have missed something as I did speed read the thread but If I understand the OP then Monzo didn’t sign for it but security did. It may be in the building but not have actually been picked up by anyone yet, especially if most people are working remote

3 Likes

In the App there are different messages depending on where you look :sweat:

One area (as linked above) says 4 days, the “Add Money → Cheques” section, says 5 days. The Help article for how to pay in cheques, says 4-6 days.

Additionally, we still don’t have a definite date that it was signed for. Assuming the 16th, then the working days would be:

1 - Wednesday
2 - Thursday
3 - Friday
4 - Monday
5 - Today
6 - Tomorrow.

In theory, Monzo are still within their timeframe for getting the money in to the account.

Monzo also say, to only contact them if it’s been more than 7 working days. So would be Friday before contacting them.

2 Likes

I presumed from this bit…

That Monzo have the cheque and are processing it. Having never done it, at what stage do you get notifications? Received? processing?

You might be right. Vague info not helping the helpers.

2 Likes

Take back what I said, if it’s been signed for then really the liability sits with Monzo however it has to go via natwest, maybe there are more checks that need doing with a large sum? They do sometimes come back with questions I beleive. Would certainly make sense

3 Likes

Processing

We’ll let you know once we’re processing your cheque.

Not uncommon, unfortunately. Though the various timeframes given by Monzo don’t help, either.

2 Likes

Did you write your account number and sort code on the back?

@Addzy I certainly did

I posted a cheque yesterday they received it this morning signed by security would be nice even a acknowledgement from them saying they received it hope you get your sorted soon looks like I have a long wait

@Badbudgie i know :frowning: at this rate I don’t think I’ll get my money any time soon and neither will you…

Have you read the thread? Or just selectively replying?

3 Likes