No live chat

Hi there is no live chat option my app how do I fix this?

I had this two days ago. If you search ā€˜contact usā€™ and then choose the ā€˜Contacting supportā€™ result. In that article there is a link to ā€˜chat with us in appā€™ Tap it and the chat window opens.

By no means an ideal journey at all, but if you do need to start a chat to get help that should get you there.

Monzo want to encourage users to search the help articles first instead of bypassing it all and going straight to chat.

Sometimes theyā€™re really useful and you can actually answer or solve problems yourself much quicker. However if nothing turns up of use when searching there is a ā€˜I canā€™t find what Iā€™m looking forā€™ link that should allow you to chat to someone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not always. I think you can easily arrive at a point where its not clear how to contact support.

1 Like

There should be now and if not :soon:.

Theyā€™ve decided that this is the way forward and the experiment is over :slight_smile:

You mean there will be a chat link at the end of every help article or there will be a chat link at the bottom of every search screen?

Neither those would be ideal (from customer experience perspective) but would be better than current situation.

Both. So in the below screenshot if I search jibberish youā€™ll see the ā€˜canā€™t find what Iā€™m looking forā€™ link which opens chat.

The same link is at the bottom of help articles too.

Here is an article too.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get that currently, so hopefully soon.

1 Like

Looks like an Android only feature to me currently

I have it, on Android

1 Like

ā€œI CANā€™T FIND WHAT Iā€™M LOOKING FORā€ not there for me, on :android:

61hOVq4utaL.AC_SX355

A/B testing. Am I A or Bā€¦

1 Like

God knows then :sweat_smile: I heard that we were over with all the testing of the chat button.

Perhaps weā€™re within a test, thatā€™s within a test, thatā€™s within a test, with parity issues sprinkled ontop :exploding_head: :laughing:

1 Like

Inception!

Iā€™ll wait until this weekā€™s Testflight until I ring the Parity bell :rofl:

2 Likes

Just sayingā€¦ I get it on latest iOS testflight.

Itā€™s not an A/B test, itā€™s a phased rollout now. Iā€™ll try and find the proof and will edit it inā€¦

ETA:

1 Like

Thanks for that. I did read that at the time but completely forgot about it.

I thought that was specifically the Fraud process, and not related to the ā€œI canā€™t find what Iā€™m looking forā€ option?

Yh it was Roma was talking specifically about the changes to fraud reporting. Nothing to do with this

This is a real nuisanceā€¦ I can understand ā€˜nudgingā€™ people to self-help first, but for things that donā€™t fit in the pigeon holes it has made in much harder to access the chat. Iā€™ve just tried and none of my searches for ā€˜chatā€™ seemed to trigger anything. In the end it was ā€˜contactā€™ that did ā€¦ Really not happy that I had to come search the forum for the magic password to gain access to support!

Rant over :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback Steve - if youā€™re happy to tell us, what was the issue you had that made you need to get in touch with the team?