In-app chat, where is it?

Apologies in advance if I’m being thick, but has the in-app chat feature disappeared? I can’t find it anywhere.

5 Likes

Go to help and then scroll to the bottom. If it relates to a transaction then its at the bottom on that transaction in red.

2 Likes

Nope, not seeing it…

1 Like

keep scrolling down -

or tap the transaction that you want to chat about

I’ve scrolled all the way to the bottom of the ‘Help’ section and not seeing this. I’ve used it many times before, but it’s just disappeared…

1 Like

hmm I would suggest deleting and re installing your app then , apart from that :man_shrugging: :grinning:

2 Likes

Yep, done that and it’s not fixed it.

Its vanished on my android phone and iOS as well

Edit: typed in ‘in app chat missing’ and there was a chat to us link in a help article

1 Like

Chat gone for me too - Android (3.19.0) - a force stop made no difference.

2 Likes

Got mine. Ingenious idea for fixing support queues though!

4 Likes

It’s there for me too on Android…

I’ve passed this on but it’s saturday so don’t know if anyone is about to pick up on it

1 Like

Seems like you need to use the search box. It’ll give you the option of starting a chat if you can’t find what you’re looking for.
It makes sense really, a lot of people will go directly to the chat when their questions are already answered in the help documents.

For the record though, I do still have the button on Android 3.19.0

Not all the help articles have a chat to us option at the end though

1 Like

I agree that it makes sense to have the chat button at the bottom to encourage people to check the help articles first. But not showing it at all is behaviour I associate with dodgy companies that try to do all they can to avoid talking to you when you have a problem. :pensive:

8 Likes

For the people who don’t have this option, do you have a “I can’t find what I’m looking for” at the bottom of any search?

Screenshot_20200208-160417

Nope

Look like more A/B testing because I have the chat with us button exactly where it has always been.

Interesting concept of hiding this. I wonder how many people try self-help before using a chat.

1 Like

I imagine it’s low which is why they are testing this. I don’t have a problem pushing people through the help articles, it’s a logical move, I just don’t think it’s clear enough on all the articles how to get help if it hasn’t answered the query

2 Likes

I feel like there should be some way to contact your bank that’s easy and obvious. I’m ok with that being chat as opposed to secure message on a website, phone, or in-branch (in fact, I prefer it over the last two!). But to start hiding even that is worrying.

5 Likes