No live chat

Finding ways to avoid speaking to customers is the sort of thing I’d expect from HSBC or Barclays, yet they manage this better. Barclays has a big blue button “Call Us” button in the app that drops you through to someone who can help.

1 Like

Monzos telephone number is on the back of your card if you ever need it and aren’t online to Google it :slight_smile:

Mixed feedback so not sure :man_shrugging:

I love the way Barclays do it. It feels very fintech in its implementation, so somewhat surprising none of the fintech players do anything similar.

That call button auto-verifies you, since you already had to sign in to the app to access it, and it puts you through to a human who already knows who you are. It’s a truly fantastic experience, but few people seem to know it exists, which is a shame.

1 Like

Lloyds Banking Group accounts also use this, along with “My voice is my password”.

I can’t find this “I can’t find” button and it’s really annoying. I’m wasting a lot of time just to try to ask a simple question…

I’m on Android, just updated the app this morning.

What’s your simple question? There’s lots of knowledgeable folk on here who might be able to help instead :slight_smile:

Thanks for the willingness to help! Perhaps I should open a new thread for this, but it’s the following:

I’m trying to make a bank transfer but the app keeps telling me details don’t match. I know the bank details are correct (know the account holder, transferred before), but I also know the name is incorrect because it doesn’t fit the available space. I’m worried to proceed with the bank transfer for whatever reason, such as Monzo thinking it’s a fraud and blocking my card (as I saw some news recently…).

I want the assurance that these details not matching (which I don’t understand, as they didn’t show like that before) will not be a problem.

Ahhh this is the new system that all banks are putting in place to try and help stop people from becoming a victim of fraud.

As you said the names need to match but you can still proceed if you’re certain that the details are correct.

If you’re still wanting to err on the side of caution (which is a good thing) perhaps send a penny to test if they receive it? Then if they do, the persons details will already be saved so you can just tap on them to send the full amount without having to type the account details in again :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there’s a character limit on the name field this could cause all sorts of issues if it’s not implemented with some leniency. If first and middle initials with full surname is fine, then mine will just barely fit the current limit. But if it requires the full name to be spelled out, this is going to become an annoyance for my friends and family quite quickly.

It’s a little bit unrelated, but my name on one of my Barclays account isn’t my actual name as stated on my ID, because it didn’t fit onto their system, so it cuts out half way through my surname. Pretty annoying, especially if it’s going to warn people unless they type the half of my surname as it appears. :expressionless:

I get that the feature should reduce fraud, but I hope it works a little smarter and can allow for a small amount of leniency.

1 Like

I was wanting to moan about the new CoP system which doesn’t seem to remember when payee details have been approved:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.