New Starling Bank Feedback Thread

Aaaand tracking turned off again.

1 Like

Just out of interest, what specific feature was it about Samsung Pay that was a deal breaker for you?

I also received a new business card without asking, they told me it was for compatibility with the post office.

I believe this was one of the reasons Monzo didn’t go with the post office for cash deposits.

1 Like

The main thing is the ability to pay with my watch as I own a galaxy watch - a feature I use heavily when out and about, super convenient :wink:

I actually after using the service yesterday prefer PayPoint; I’ve had IT issues with Barclays recently and decided I trust Monzo more with paying in the cash I was given as a gift.

The whole process took 30 seconds; OK there’s the fee but it beats a long queue at the Post Office and I can pay in on a Sunday. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You could use Curve and have the same 0% fx fee.

Except there are usage limits for Curve, I think

They didn’t think to ask whether I would ever deposit cash though. It seems so wasteful to replace cards pointlessly.
I haven’t touched cash for my business ever

I have the old starling card … That packaging feels like a downgrade to me :frowning:

1 Like

The ambition is to have both eventually, so the best of all possible worlds

1 Like

There are very substantial differences when you scratch beneath the surface.

Overdrafts
Contacts access
Transaction and withdrawal limits
Overseas usage

To name but a few

There are differences and I acknowledge that. The point I was trying to make is that these two banks will constantly be learning from one another and develop ideas based on user base.

I have a feeling that in two years time the banks will have converged to an even greater extent, with a few distinctions linked to business accounts etc.

In my mind, even though they are similar and people usually bank with both, they are ultimately aimed at different groups (main focus). Some of the functions you highlighted above as differences, do not affect/interest me but could be a game changer for others.

Both Monzo :rocket: and Starling :star2: have their positives and negatives. Ultimately it will come down to loyalty and belief in a brand.

The customer must be and always remain king :crown::sunglasses:

#lastpost

Hi all, closing this thread as we already have a place to discuss Starling here:

We’re happy to keep that open, but we’d just like to remind everyone of why we’ve closed previous threads like this in the past. Here’s what we posted last time we had to close one:

Thanks for helping us keep this a pleasant place to post :heart:

4 Likes