New plus card came! But already opened šŸ˜«

They do

Iā€™ve closed this nowā€¦ here are the results:

Obviously a very small sample size but 61% opened in some way is pretty crazy. Maybe not as small as problem as Monzo think \ a large number of people havenā€™t bothered to contact support

1 Like

64% closed is pretty strong though.

Stats can be interpreted either way, so letā€™s focus on the insecure ones - 36%.

2 Likes

I feel some fault with the packaging is still concerning but even it we take your best case scenario. I wouldnā€™t say more than 1 in every 3 cards potentially being insecure is a small number

I do think a lot of it is out of Monzoā€™s control. Yea itā€™s bad, and chances are most they tested didnā€™t have this problem or something.

Monzo will fix it; and replace cards as neededā€¦ just a dreadful mistake by the card provider.

Odd take imo to have a perforated envelope, was always going to be liable to unexpected opening.

It is such a hard thing to spot. Canā€™t blame Monzo I agree. Hopefully, it is solved quickly, or they just switch to blue envelopes

Wow just got round to checking back in and Iā€™m less worried it was someone trying to pinch my details but also a little shocked that this is something that made it past quality control.

First card arrived sooooo fast. Still donā€™t have my replacement so hopefully it comes soon as the card looks amazing.

I have to be honest, mine arrived partially unsealed but about 20% of my post currently arrives ripped so I thought it was just me at the time

Mine came sealed in envelope thankfully.

Mine was also completely open. I could see though that the issue was that envelope just hadnā€™t been folded properly so the tab could never have met the perforation, and must have burst open at some point in transit. Decided to just activate it based on that.

Standards are slipping.

I get that - but since Monzo are a business and are charging folk I think thereā€™s a fair expectation to receive unopened cards, or ones of sufficient quality( which the new plus cards are, in my opinion)

2 Likes

My replacement for the previous open envelope arrivedā€¦ only slightly open this time :joy:

Itā€™ll do! I wonder how long it will take for cards to start shipping with a fix.

4 Likes

Not sure how easy it would be, but they should switch to blue envelopes until it is fixed

2 Likes

Just got mine and like others, the top seal was fully popped.

I agree, but if itā€™s not physically possible to get the card out of the envelope thatā€™s partially opened then itā€™s not physically possible for your card to be compromised. Literally not possible.

3 Likes

mine arrived this morning fully open, ordered a replacement through via support. I think even if I saw this thread first, I still would have ordered a new card, since thereā€™s no guarantee that someone could have had a cheeky peek at the card details in transit.

very thankful that monzo doesnā€™t print account numbers on the cards!

2 Likes

My replacement card came fully open again, however the packaging that says Monzo(blue card holder) was the other way around this time - so looks like Iā€™ll be requesting a replacement again

Youā€™ve got your (first) replacement before my first one has turned upā€¦!

(Ordered late on Thursday night)

I actually ordered late Thursday aswellšŸ˜… then it came quickly all way to north west and the kind customer support team issued another and another again. But this time theyā€™re requesting a envelope as I demanded one to prevent it from happening