Mystery ATM withdrawal occurring in two places at once

So on friday at 20.25, I take out £50 from an TSB ATM on George Street in Ellesmere Shropshire using my CA card. Oddly the app shows a map of, and refers to, 115 Prince Street Edinburgh at the top of the app.

This morning at 00.26 - Monzo says another £50 withdrawal was made from the TSB ATM in Ellesmere but again shows a map of 115 Price Street Edinburgh. Problem is I’m tucked up in bed in West Lancs at that time…

(Because I cannot see a way on the Android app to get a running total, I’m not sure if this second withdrawal is real or not…)

I’ll follow it up in the Chat but wondering if anyone has had this problem?

1 Like

In terms of the location, it could be there is problematic location data for that atm :atm: in the days that monzo are using. The in app chat can verify.

The chat team got swiftly in touch and refunded me but it does highlight to me that without a running total - it can get hard to know where you are in terms of spends…

4 Likes

…this has been observed and should be coming soon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hugh, it would be more appropriate to post your source, rather than simply “should be coming soon”. Takes 10 seconds to search for it.

2 Likes

WIth two debits showing, wouldn’t it mean it was debited twice, so even without a running total you know it’s come out twice?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.