Monzo servers

Yep, that’s an interesting idea. We do automatically tweet out updates when we post on the status page here https://twitter.com/monzostatus

2 Likes

There were 2 issues last week that weren’t tweeted though. I saw them on the status page this morning
Does it need to affect a certain number of users?

1 Like

What is a app banner??

When you open the app there’s a banner at the top saying about the issue

Was there during the outage but removed after it was fully resolved

Ah yes I see

And it’s gold :open_mouth:

When somebody updates the status page there’s a “should this be tweeted yes/no” option, we usually make a call on the scale of the impact depending on the incident. Similarly for small incidents we pick a lower severity option for the status page which doesn’t show a banner on top of the feed, but does show a pop-up before you try to start a chat.

5 Likes

Great to know.

However for any incident, especially over night ones, if there is a chance of knock-on effects only being noticed when people wake up, I think it might be good to have additional comms.

1 Like

Do you find many people still message support even with the prompt that there’s an issue or a in app banner?

1 Like

I believe someone from Monzo answered this before. It was something along the lines of… they’re super cautious of putting ‘there’s a problem with x’ type notifications in app unless it is really important and affects a lot of people.

This is because they do see a surge in support queries from people asking what has happened, will x, y, or z be effected or asking for progress updates to name a few. I’ll have a quick search to see if I can find it.

Edit: I think this is the comment I was remembering :thinking:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.