I’m Sara and I’m an Android engineer at Monzo. I wanted to let you know that we’ve added a new feature to Monzo Labs for you to test out. It’s a way to merge your payees! This is coming in Android version 2.50 which is
currently in beta and will be rolled out next week now available in the Google Play store
This is Android only for now
To merge two payees:
- Make sure you have version 2.50+ and have turned on “Merge Payees” in Monzo Labs
- Go to the profile page of one of the payees you would like to merge by tapping on their name in the payee list
- Tap on “merge” in the overflow menu at the top right
- You’ll then see a list of your other payees that you can merge with
- Select the payee that you would like to merge with the payee from the second step
- Confirm that you want to merge these payees - you won’t be able to undo the merge
- Your two payees should then be merged!
Here’s a .gif of it in action:
The name of the payee you selected “merge” from will be the name of the merged payee, unless you have selected a Monzo contact in which case the Monzo contact’s name will be used.
Note: This is only on Android at the moment. We may bring this to the iOS app in the future, but we don’t have any plans to do this just yet.
Why is this in Monzo Labs?
We have a few improvements to this that will be going out in the next release, so we don’t want to give this to everyone yet, but since a number of you have been asking for this feature we thought we’d let you try it out early.
The plan is to roll this out to everyone after getting some feedback from the community and fixing any issues that arise.
What kind of feedback are we after?
We’d like to know if there are any bugs or issues with this feature before we roll it out to everyone.
Thanks for helping us test it out!