Monzo help chat getting annoying

If you’re not happy with your experience then that’s perfectly fine. However, none of us can comment on the backend of Monzo or any other systems for that matter, so let’s not go down that route.

Agreed, I wasn’t the one that brought Monzo’s backend into this and don’t think it’s relevant.

But also the examples you gave weren’t banks :eyes:

You asked “Out of curiosity since you keep mentioning “other servers” you’ve used - which services are you referring to ?” – where did you specify banks?

1 Like

Well considering we are talking about a bank’s service then I thought that would be expected.

I think there needs to be an action similar to you get when talking on whatsapp/imessage/fb whereby even if its an automated message coming through there should be an indicator that its happening. That way i wouldnt close the chat prematurely.

We need to remember that alot of customers (like msyelf) are used to using the old chat so are used to sending the message and then waiting up to 3/4 hours before getting a reply.

Also i found that since its now a continuous chat i cant mark a new one as urgent? anyone else find this to be the case?

You can it’s just another issue :speak_no_evil:

The COp needs to end your old chat or I believe they auto close now after a certain period of no response. 3 days I believe. After which, as part of the questions you’re asked if it is urgent.

Don’t know how it affects anything, but Monzo still seems to use Intercom for emails to help@monzo.com

I’m not sure then :man_shrugging:

This is the article where they state that they’ve built their own system and moved away from Intercom. Perhaps they still use them for some things?

Intercom is still used for emails AFAIK :slight_smile:

1 Like

There definitely need to be user experience improvements in the chat. 6-10 seconds is too long for a response, especially if there’s no indication that the user should wait for one and if it doesn’t trigger a notification.

1 Like

I think any departments using emails goes out via intercom like Dan said.

Well as a “customer” I’m not very happy with the performance of Auto Monzo or whatever it’s called.

Hello - welcome to the forum.

What about it do you not like ? :smiley:

What’s a “customer”? Do you not have a Monzo account?

It’s a nice idea in theory, but I have never ever once found a system like that useful. It always feels like a ruse to defer you from actually finding the tiny ‘speak to a person’ link at the bottom.

Just thinking some of the questions we see asked in the forum must be a sample of what cops are asked on a daily basis, some of which can be answered by a help page or two.

4 Likes

So I’ve had an annoying issue with Chat…

Had an issue, it was resolved, marked as closed…

Now, every other day or so, I keep getting an automated message saying “Welcome to Chat, we’re here to help etc”

I get that you’re trying the automation thing, maybe this was an A/B test, I don’t know. But, I only want to be notified when there is a real human with a real update for me

1 Like

I’ve got this too at the moment. The red dot of doom!

2 Likes

So I just got a message from a Jake as a bubble in the app, and it opened in Intercom inside the app! :astonished:

Still had all my old chats before they switched over.

I’m now trying to work out how to respond as I closed the window. :thinking: :exploding_head:

I’ve just sent a message through their chat. I’ll let you know in a weeks time when they respond. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What’s spooky is I was just saying go back to Intercom today :ghost:

Click to expand for the full rant.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.