Monzo Debit Card Payments Support Force - Sign up here

Vitality Health Insurance (accepted through customer support, via direct debit mandate)

Vitality Health phoned me last week to say they still could not use the SC/AC. The above post is on the DD list - what does the bit in brackets mean?

results from NS & I

IMG_2482

5 Likes

Just to let you know Tesco Pay at Pump didn’t work for me this morning. Shows as MasterCard Debit, but then says the card can’t be used. Any news from Tesco when they’ll be supported at pumps?

FYI, I was able to use it in the kiosk, via their Tesco Pay+ app, with the C/A debit card used…looks like this passes the actual transaction detail through to Monzo too, as it shows as Tesco PFS and store number.

Tesco bank failed to accept my debit card for a credit card payment. Guess it’s all connected.

Thanks for letting me know everyone! The struggle continues…

2 Likes

Loot not accepting debit card

Response from The National Lottery:

Thank you for your email dated 25 September 2017. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you have experienced trying to add your Monzo debit card to your National Lottery Account.
I have discussed this with our technical department. I can confirm that we have provided the debit card detail to Worldpay and they are in the process of updating their records. Unfortunately I do not have a timescale as to when this will happen and please may I suggest that you keep trying.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.

If anyone is desperate to play online(!) You can play some lottery draws via direct debit which seems to work fine

One of their Twitter team recommended a way around this that I didn’t know before :sweat_smile: can make a direct Faster Payment to them to pay your credit card, just use credit card number as reference along with details in screenshot.
https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Online-Banking/Paying-your-Credit-Card/ta-p/174
3A62A936-B19E-49FE-B01C-5DA2F02AC4AF

1 Like

I notice that the preview testing challenge thread is now closed and I’m not sure whether we have a thread dedicated to chip & pin/contactless fails with the debit card (please correct me if I’m wrong).

I tried to collect my train tickets from Derby Station using an East Midlands Trains self service machine and got a ‘card not recognised’ error followed by a ‘this card can’t be used to collect tickets, please try another card’ message.

I’ve Tweeted and DM’d East Midlands Trains who have said:

We suspect this is a compatibility issue with that particular type of machine so we would need to investigate this with our retail department

Sounds like I’m being fobbed off but I guess we’ll find out.

I’m struggling with this one too, also getting the not supported error when I attempt to pay :frowning:

1 Like

But really, who even buys lottery tickets? Pffsht.

It’s a tax on stupidity. One of the fairest taxes around as it is entirely self-selecting and only the people that need to pay it actually pay it. :wink:

2 Likes

Tesco Bank have replied to my complaint. They don’t accept Monzo CA cards as their provider Worldpay don’t take them. They have passed on the feedback to senior management!

Interesting to see WorldPay coming up as a name to blame again, same as National Lottery had once said. I still have no proper answer from either, emails always just say we’ll let you know… :sweat_smile:

Still no joy with National Lottery. It’s not a DD so I don’t know what the deal is with complaints.

Complain to MasterCard :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve now got National Lottery set up by Direct Debit.

1 Like

I only changed my bank details on Sky and British Gas via the websites and all went through ok and both show in the app but then I guess people have already mentioned Sky and British Gas :joy_cat:

I’ll give it another whirl then.