Card declined reporting

I’ve had a couple of transactions declined over the past few days. Should I report them here? They are not showing up in my Mondo feed and I think that’s because the merchant is blocking the card number range, so you know nothing about it.

The 2 I’ve had recently were:

Tesco Petrol Station pay at pump
BrewDog online shop (full disclosure - I’m a shareholder)

1 Like

Hey @andrew, that’s really interesting thanks! I would guess that those merchants automatically block prepaid cards - we’re working on a list of merchants that do this which I’ll add to the Known Issues/Bugs page too.

We’ll try to get in contact with retailers that block us but it would also be super helpful if you were able to (especially BrewDog ;))

Thank you!

I’ll try and confirm later this week but seemed like the automated national rail (Great Northern) ticket machines didn’t recognise the Mondo card - could be that that particular machine was broken, paying at the ticket office worked fine though.

Also add “Arriva Rail North Ltd” to the list (probably at the bottom, I’ll admit). On three occasions their on-train handheld terminals carried by the train conductor have declined me. Their ticket offices work fine with Mondo however.

The card got declined via contactless at a co-op in Bristol (I didn’t try by chip & pin)

The card has been declined this morning on the “First Bus” app when I tried to buy a bus ticket, not sure why as it’s an online txn.

My card was declined contactless on my first transaction until I realised you probably have to make a PIN verified transaction before contactless get’s the green light to spend

That’s weird @jevans, it actually should work contactless the first time. Let us know if you have other issues :slight_smile:

My card was declined twice at Superdrug in Bangor, Wales using contactless.

Asda Pay at Pump failed for me yesterday. Transaction cancelled before I’d got to PIN entry. You’ve mentioned Tesco Pay at Pump doesn’t work, so I imagine this is a similar issue.

(Just posted this on the known issues thread, so have to add some text here because the posts are too similar apparently. Hoping this is enough :slight_smile: )

Hi Tristan just had my card declined / blocked by “the train line” FYI - cheers

Hi. Just had my card declined twice by Just Giving. Any previous problems there?

1 Like

And I just had mine declined at a Tesco Metro a few minutes ago which usually works :confused:

(both contactless and chip & pin)

Sorry, our card processor seems to have gone down for five minutes. All back up and running now - I’ll make sure to keep you updated if it happens again :frowning:

1 Like

Keep getting declined at Morrisons using contactless, but fine with chip & pin

Morrisons - Contactless. Works fine chip & pin though.

Just Giving transaction just went through fine so was your card processor. Thanks.

Card declined at 7.54 when TfL did an active card check. More processor problems? I forced a resubmit at 9.25 and it was approved.

Cross Country trains, transaction for a coffee failed. The lady serving did pre-warn me that ‘some cards fail’.

Morrissons, Newport Road, Cardiff - contactless declined. Chip and pin successful