When I first signed up to Monzo around Sep 18 I had the odd challenge with it being accepted for things like direct debits, card payments etc. No Biggie, it was a challenger bank and I liked it (still do )
Over time it got better & better with acceptance etc, as you would expect.
Just recently though,I’ve had a spate of issues with Monzo being accepted.
- Getting Euro’s at post office - don’t accept Monzo
- New Direct Debit for Car - took 4, four attempts for it to be setup as it kept failing
- Buying at Liverpool Airport, last week, card wouldn’t work contactless, only via Chip/Pin
- On Plane, EasyJet were unsure about taking it, had to check and eventually agreed
- In Tenerife, Card wouldn’t work contactless on any machine, had to put it in each time. Apple pay was intermittent
6.On way back, card kept failing in machine at airport, eventually worked via Apple Pay
- On car park on way out contactless kept failing.
Strange thing is I used my card in Minorca last year no drama’s, and it is working fine in the uk each & every time apart from over the last month now & again
Now - it may well be my card has become faulty, this happens. However, my experience over the last month is that Monzo is becoming less & less accepted by places, surely this should be the other way around?
Please dont think of this as a rant - I intend to remain #fullmonzo, but the more this happens the more I’m looking at re-opening with a legacybank