Monzo COps - Join Us!

Hi everyone!

I’ve just been invited to an assessment day in London :slight_smile: I’m super excited but also incredibly nervous -I haven’t been to an interview in 8 years!

It’s been great reading everyones experiences on the community forum (bit of a lurker, only just signed up for a Community account).

For those of you have been on an assessment day - do you have any tips you are willing to share?

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday :confetti_ball::rocket:

4 Likes

Which one are you going to?
I would honestly be yourself completely and be calm and not get to worked up about it.
That is my experience anyways.

3 Likes

Thanks Rachel! I’m going to the London one this Friday :rocket:

1 Like

I wonder where my job offer has got to :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I guess it’s probably too late, having only just seen this now… :slightly_frowning_face:

I believe they are still hiring so get your application in :blush:

1 Like

Maybe I’ll do that when I get back home tonight :smile:

Good luck! There’s some good feedback in this topic about the various interview stages and the application process as a whole. Certainly worth a read if you do apply :sunglasses:

Here is a quote from Monzo that was posted today. This supports my statement that they are still hiring.

4 Likes

Just accepted my offer to join the COps team :crazy_face: exciting times! Any questions about the interview/application stages hmu and I’ll try my best :grin:

15 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks :grin: very excited, perfect student job in my opinion - having worked the last few years in kitchens I’m definitely looking forward to the change… will be good to have a job where I’m not smelly at the end of a shift

5 Likes

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more from you on the forums when you start!

I’ve got my interview tomorrow :slight_smile: Can I ask you how many people were at your assessment day?

1 Like

Whoop :raised_hands:

Big congrats! :+1::tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Yeah I would say around 16-20 in my whole group, and then we got split in to two smaller groups of about 8ish for the group activity (I’m pretty sure)

1 Like

Sorry to jump on you with a ton of questions, but could you talk a bit about the demographics of the group? (I have assumptions that I’d like to bust!)

That’s really helpful! Thanks @jakemacgregor and congrats again :rocket:

1 Like

No worries I wanted to help out!
There was a nice mix, I was happy to see a few people from a slightly older age bracket - it wasn’t all 18-24 year olds :joy:
People were there from all over the country (I’m from Liverpool originally and live in Leeds now, there was a guy from Preston, and people from all over the place).
A good split of men and women, maybe a few more men but not many.
There was people who were students (me), self-employed, part time workers in other jobs, and people who were there for full time work.

Don’t really know what else to include, hope this helps? Anything I’ve missed? :joy:

3 Likes

Great, thanks! I was particularly interested in age mix. (I think that part time Copping would be fantastic for the partially retired or older generation).

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with you, it would be a great job for them - never thought of that before. There was no retirees or particularly ‘old’ people. I reckon the oldest person there would have been 40 tops, which still is quite impressive considering the nature of the company (very millennial).
Could be a demographic monzo targets in the future, though.

2 Likes