Monzo COps - Join Us!

More great info! I’m well past 24 so glad to hear I (hopefully) won’t be the oldest one there :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I don’t think age factors in to that much. I had the worry going in I was too young, I think no matter what age you are you’ll think you have reason to worry.
Reflecting on the interview and stuff I’m pretty sure they were only interested in you as a person and how you work etc. Which is quite refreshing, I’ve interviewed for other companies where I’ve felt out of place due to my age, not the case here though.

4 Likes

Go for it! They’re still hiring :smile: Let us know how you get on!

Congrats!

1 Like

Yay!
Give me a slack message once you are on.
:tada:

1 Like

I will! First day is the 26th :man_dancing:

6 Likes

I’ve only recently joined Monzo. Made my first purchase with the card the other day. YAY!!! Only issue is I could only do part time hours maybe in a post that I could work from home sometimes (health reasons). Or maybe online or something. AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! place confused, pulling-out-hair face here LOL!!! Am I being a bit too eager in wanting to apply for a job here already? LOL!!!

1 Like

I just got home from my assessment day. It was a really interesting and thought provoking morning! Unfortunately my nerves got the better of me and I said something really really stupid in the group interview that I regretted the instant I said it :disappointed:

To anyone thinking of applying - go for it! It was incredibly well organised (seems like they’ve taken on feedback from earlier interview rounds) and everyone was super lovely which makes me even sadder that I messed up so badly!

If anyone is thinking of applying and wants to ask me any questions feel free :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, I have just completed my application, and looking forward to finding out if I’m in with a chance :blush: I am in South Africa at the moment, moving over to the UK and arriving on the 19th of December, so I’m praying I’m not going to be too late :wink:

1 Like

Good luck! :grinning:

Thank you :rose:

So I’m curious guys, I’d attended the assessment day 2 weeks ago now but haven’t heard back :grimacing:.

The whole process up to that point had been really speedy, with less than a day between replies.

From reading forums and feedback about the process I know that Monzo are great at giving feedback from the assessment and so obviously I’m still hopeful as I’ve not heard anything negative :grimacing::crossed_fingers:

I have emailed, once after a week which I got a response to saying there were more assessments and I would hear ASAP. Then emailed again yesterday, the 2 week mark, but haven’t had a response at all.

As far as interviews and assessments go it’s by far one of the best processes I’ve attended. That being said I’ve not attended a formal interview for many years, so I have little comparison. I felt though that the group and individual 1 to 1 interviews were very well balanced. I had all my questions answered and I was made to feel really welcome.

I just would really love to know the outcome, even if it is a no (which I hope it’s not) but just waiting is absolutely killing me :grimacing::joy: not literally obviously :wink:.

Anyone that could give any feedback, either Monzo guys or those who have recently had a yes decision on how long before you find out. That would be great, thank you :blush:

And to anyone thinking about applying but not sure, go for it! You’ve got nothing to lose :two_hearts: xx

2 Likes

Hey Emma! I’m sorry about that. Not sure what’s causing the delay. It could be just down to the sheer workload that hiring have right now. We do aim for the pipeline to be quicker than this though - I will chase this up for you.

1 Like

Hey simonb, thank you :blush:

As I said up to this point it’s been really quick, I’m just worried I’ve got lost in the swamp of assessments. :blush:,

Though I had hoped I’d made a lasting impression :joy: xx

I am very happy to report that I have made it through to the final stage and have been invited for an assessment day :grin::tada::confetti_ball: My date is still to be confirmed because I am only arriving in the UK on the 19th of December.

I am very excited and thoroughly looking :eyes: forward to it :grin:

Thank you Monzo :grinning::rocket:

16 Likes

Congratulations!! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you @BristolMatt :grin: and to all those that liked my reply :grin:

I feel honoured that I have made it through so far, and will feel even more honoured to be part of the Monzo team :rocket:

It is very exciting to have the opportunity to work remotely, especially for Monzo :grin: It would suit me so well as when I move back to the UK I would be able to travel around and reconnect with my family and friends over there. And I will be able to explore all over while I decide what area I want to settle in. :grin:

All the best
K

5 Likes

Hey :grinning:

Excited to have been invited to an Assessment Day in Cardiff next week! Would love to know if anyone has some good insider knowledge of how the current Assessment Days are set up and any hints/tips!

6 Likes

Congrats! The day is broadly split in to finding out more about you as a person and how you’d fit in to Monzo, and then some more job-specific questions including diving deeper in to your take-home task :grin: there’s also a group activity!
Overall a very positive experience and a lot less stressful than other interview experiences I’ve had - just be yourself!

6 Likes

Hey all!

A friend of mine told me about the remote job opportunities at Monzo over the weekend and I was totally sold on the job description and company culture. I’ve started working on my application but today I checked in on the jobs board and noticed the job spec has been updated to specify:

"You should apply if ‘[you] are a UK resident (live in the UK for at least 6 months of the year)’. "

Can anyone give insight into why this criteria has been added and is it an absolute essential if the applicant meets all other criteria? @simonb perhaps?

I’m back and forth to the UK a lot and have the right to work there as a UK national, but at the moment I feel disqualified based on the part that says ‘at least 6 months of the year’ … help! Should I keep working on my answers and submit anyway?

2 Likes