Monzo community

I love how active the Monzo community is! Great to see customers being put at the front end of ideation. Monzo account is accessible on a mobile device.

Does anyone think that making a Monzo community app separate would make it easier to communicate our ideas across?

7 Likes

No. It is easily accessible thru browsers on any device.

4 Likes

If you like you can download the discourse app. Which is the system this forum runs on.
That’s how I access it anyway.

5 Likes

I’d like to see a generic Discourse API client for Android which actually uses native UI components. From what I’ve seen Discourse only have a WebView wrapper available (lol).

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :wave:

Monzo uses Discourse (an open source community platform), which has an app. I believe Monzo is looking to integrate aspects of the community into the app in a way that doesn’t interfere with your day-to-day usage of it.

3 Likes

The Discourse app just opens the forum in an embedded browser window though, does it not?

3 Likes

I’m not actually - I’ve never tried it.

Only reason I’m suggesting is it’s a good way to remind me to use it. Also means I can skip typing the URL into the browser

Definitely agree - it would make it easier for people not aware of it (or not sufficiently interested) to provide vital feedback, as well as keep up with the latest developments. However, some other members have voiced opposition to this, so Monzo will probably try to implement it in a way everyone can live with. Full integration isn’t unheard of though. Dutch bank bunq’s has it as part of their app, for example, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

The best workaround at the moment is to open the site in Safari > Options > Add to Home Screen. It’ll then save to your home screen with a neat Monzo icon and open a bit more like an app, rather than a normal Safari browsing session. :calling:

IMG_1970IMG_1971

5 Likes

There was some discussion about it here before:
https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-community-app/26999
with some info on how to add a bookmark to the home screen on Android and iOS as well as the Discourse apps

1 Like

Just save it as a favourite in your browser. :+1:t2:

1 Like

On Android you can download a link to your homescreen like this:

Screenshot_20180525_212210

2 Likes

Why don’t you just access it in-app? Am I missing something… :thinking:

1 Like

It does but you also get notifications come through which is s nicd benifit.

It is separate isn’t it?

MacBook + Chrome + community.monzo.com = Community

iPhone + Safari + community.monzo.com = Community

Thank you that worked really well! Got it on my home screen now😊

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.