Monzo Bank Statements (For Mortgages or anything else)

Bank statements are coming so I think the concern of paper statements shouldn’t be an issue…and by the looks of it they are trying to partner with Mortgage companies as well so they maybe able to offer you the best deal who knows! In which case definitely won’t be a blocker

I asked my mortgage advisor who told me if I’m asked for paper statements I should provide them for every account I have. I think those lenders who do like to see statements wouldn’t be too happy getting one from my legacy bank which shows a proportion of my salary (all the spending bits essentially) going to :monzo: Monzo without being able to see where (and on what) I spend my money, as this is essentially why they ask to see statements.

The lack of paper statements is probably the last stumbling block preventing me from switching fully over to Monzo, as I renew a mortgage next year and intend to begin to sign back up for paper statements ‘just-in-case’ from January.

You’ll be able to get backdated ones when feature is released.

2 Likes

Yes, but if the feature isn’t released before I begin applying for a mortgage in April that’s no good to me.

This is now a blocker for my mortgage application, my broker (Habito) are really helpful, but they can’t present a CSV file to a mortgage lender.

Contact monzo through in app chat and they can provide with an authenticated paper statement

2 Likes

Ask in app for what you need and COps will prepare and send it (weekdays). That covers it for the moment until new processes get put in place.

2 Likes

The in app support page just mentions a PDF confirming account ownership and the CSV export, which if that’s all COps can produce, I’d still be worried.

It isn’t. :slight_smile: @RichardR Will hopefully be able to confirm this.

1 Like

Okay great, thank you Mike, panic over.

Monzo should be able to help out but if not you could export the CSV into Excel and print it out in a nicely formatted document (or ask/pay someone tech-savvy to do this).

I tried that and they would have not accept it as it was not on a letter head from the bank - which is unfortunate as I spent some time formatting the CSV.

Is there any upcoming updates to have these exported (on a letter head :wink: ) and emailed to you in PDF format in the near future?

Just make a letter head :stuck_out_tongue: Monzo could probably even post one to copy onto the pages.

I never understood belief that some companies have that ‘letter head’ means anything other than ‘has enough skills to use microsoft paint’.

1 Like

EDIT: Monzo is against doing one yourself, see their answer below. Leaving my old post just for history/accountability.

Exactly, just make one - Monzo has a “press kit” with logos and stuff on their homepage, just use that.

Monzo COps will do this for you on an individual basis if you get in touch with your needs.

Longer term, statements are on the roadmap.

1 Like

Please don’t make something yourself. You really don’t want to be suspected of fraud. Ask Monzo to print off what you need and stamp it.

7 Likes

I once ordered a print out of bank statements for a mortgage application, from NatWest. After a few weeks they still hadn’t arrived, and when I chased it, they told me they’d sent them out already but to an address I’d never heard of that had never been associated to my account.
I was less than impressed.

2 Likes

Just to clarify, as @RichardR and @Feathers said if you get in touch with COps it is now possible to get a statement but these are currently manually generated so they will all be done in a batch.

3 Likes

Yep. Please don’t do this :slightly_smiling_face:

We’ll be happy to help

12 Likes

I’ve been in touch with customer support via chat today asking for a statement and they were happy to help. Although it takes a couple of days right now it is available. Monzo, as a priority I would get this up and running from the app (you probably already are) as people are increasing their usage of Monzo and will likely need statements. Just now, PayPal requested a statement to prove account ownership and proof of address.

I’m pessimistic about their reaction to seeing Monzo as I assume not all of their staff are aware of it.

1 Like