Requesting paper statements

Hey Patrick! Yes, you’ll be able to backdate when this is available :grinning:

I think we had a sneak peek (internally) recently of how the statements will look. We may be able to share that soon!

12 Likes

Thanks!! Everytime I love Monzo a little bit more :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If that isn’t a huge tease, i don’t know what is. Great to hear though.

1 Like

Just had a look and it was actually back in April that we saw a mockup! So I don’t know if there’s been any progress made but maybe @Sam can give us an update :grinning:

9 Likes

It’s been mentioned elsewhere that this is in the works but I haven’t seen a timeline.

Edit: and now we’ve been moved there.

Statements are currently what I’d call “internal quality” at this stage. If you require a statement for reasons such as a loan or mortgage application, please let support know your exact requirements and we will produce one for you. Be aware that this may take some time as there is only one person producing them during the weekdays in the day only. :slightly_smiling_face:

Full, self-serve statements are on the way as part of a revamped export feature. :page_facing_up::soon:

11 Likes

The issue raised above in the thread about UKBA is pertinent. I’ve had UKBA reject printed-out PDF statements from high street banks before because they require either “original” documents or certified copies, and are very very fussy about what constitutes either of those.

So a statement posted to us by (for example) Barclays is ok, because it’s an “original”. The same statement downloaded as a PDF and printed out by us is not, even though it looks identical, and must be “certified” in some way by Barclays (using an official stamp, etc.) before being acceptable.

If you let us know that you require this, we can use our Monzo office stamp and physically mail a stamped statement out to you! :postbox:

13 Likes

You got a response from Monzo staff. What more could you ask for? :raised_hands:

Just keeping things neat and tidy.

4 Likes

:star_struck:

I am honoured and appeased.

2 Likes

Fantastic, thank you for this answer @RichardR. It’s good to know you’ve got a suitable interim process for all this until the final solution arrives. That very much puts my mind at ease.

:mondo: :+1:

So … if I would use my current account as my main bank account, that might mean I might need to get bank statements from time to time (like when you currently go into a branch and they stamp & sign the statement).
Is this something that is possible with Monzo (not the branch bit of course).

Thanks.

Yes, that have a stamp they can use for you.

4 Likes

As @Dunsford says, they have a stamp for that! :grin:

2 Likes

Really pleased I found this thread,as I am currently weighing up the pros and cons of moving my main account over to my new shiny Monzo CA - and the Visa application looming next year was a big question mark.

I hope they would accept that stamp :slight_smile:

If you’re referring to a Visa credit card, I’ve never needed bank statements for a credit card application. However, a visa to immigrate to the country - that I’ve heard terrible things about how much they want to search you. Not to put anyone off Monzo, I’m loving it, but if I was looking a visa, I’d probably not have transferred my salary over to any bank other than the major high street ones. I’d want to be 110% sure they were used to giving the Home Office exactly what they want.

Not to say I wouldn’t use Monzo, but I’d bounce the money through a major high street bank first just out of total paranoia. I am not a lawyer, all that… seek advice from one though on all of this. The Home Office checks are, umm, particular from what I’ve seen (I work for an employer who hires a lot of immigrants).

I totally agree with what @GalaxyMergirl advised suggested :slight_smile:. People at Home Office are about 20 years behind than most of us out living in 21st century. I would advise you to maintain another Current account with any high bank just to have those precious statements in order. You can use Monzo just as you would have use Monzo prepaid and switch banking after the application.
I am sure Monzo will be able to produce proper paper statements or we will be able to generate PDF statements In future.

Glad you agree, but just to clarify, I didn’t advise anything as that has
legal meaning. I suggested and suggested consulting a lawyer as well!

2 Likes

don’t worry - I wouldn’t be moving over my salary anytime soon, was just wanting to move some of the regular payments for budgeting, expenses management etc. (we’ve been through 2/3 applications now - so know how absolutely ridiculously inflexible and unaccomodating the UKBA are :-/)

1 Like

Obviously, I’d still suggest asking a lawyer, don’t blame me if anything goes wrong, etc. But that seems far less risky. Even if they don’t like the Monzo statements, they’ll have statements they like for the income. Monzo seems like it wouldn’t be any different from, say, credit card statements at that point.