Making Monzo Better: The Big List

its almost like they have a plan :slight_smile:

https://community.monzo.com/t/q-a-ask-us-about-pulse/32799/65?u=iansilversides

2 Likes

I believe that’s exactly what we are doing!

8 Likes

Embarrassingly, it appears I liked that post a few months ago! My mind is clearly turning planned Mozo features into my own ideas :sweat_smile:
Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Looks awesome :+1:

Any update on updating Standing Orders? I need to change the amount on a standing order but really don’t want to delete it and re-add it… :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I’m waiting for this too!

2 Likes

Joint accounts are the only thing holding me back from going full monzo. TBH, i’d given up on getting them, so i’m super excited to hear they are only 2 months away.

1 Like

Amazing future… High street must be :thinking:

They aren’t two months away, we’ve just started externally testing them now! So you should be able to get one very soon :grinning:

4 Likes

Being forever single I don’t really care about joint accounts, I’m just excited for a pot with interest. Need somewhere to keep the money I don’t spend on dating :sob::sob:

Alas I’m kidding but it’s the only thing stopping me switching over. Nationwide customer service has been pretty good to me so far so no complaints on my end.

2 Likes

It would be good to know where we were with this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there a specific thread for tracking progress on interest? This is the one I’m super excited about.

An integration with Plum would be my top choice.

Are we talking days or weeks?

I wish you could simply set a date for when the month starts instead. I don’t have my wages paid into Monzo, instead I have my spending money for the month transferred to Monzo on pay day and budget from that. Monzo doesn’t list that transaction as one I can centre my month on.

5 Likes

I do the same as you but I was able to select the transfer of my monthly spending money to set the start of the month. I think it only displays credits that are £200 or more, so maybe that’s why?

1 Like

Hi,

Glad to see everything in production - thanks!

I wondered about the Summary, since I’ve noticed that Monzo automatically takes into account my Direct Debits - however the way I manage my money is to move my direct debit amounts into a pot called Bills and then move them back at each point in the month when the money is due out. This allows me to accurately see exactly what I have for general spending, after my direct debits are taken into account.

I can’t really do this properly at the minute using the Summary, since as it automatically accounts for my Direct Debits, it’s showing me to have far less for general spending than I actually do.

Is there any way to deselect this automatic feature? Apologies if it’s been discussed elsewhere on the forum - I am new here.

Thanks!

1 Like

Actually the new functionality should mean you don’t have to do the moving into pots stuff at all!

As direct debits are taken out pre-emptively in summary, you can just look at summary to know how much you have left for general spending. SO if you simply don’t move the money into a pot, the amount will be correct for what you want it for.

4 Likes

I thought that - which is great. But some of my bills aren’t direct debits, so I guess i’d have to separate out which ones are and which aren’t and then move the amount that isn’t DD into the pot? That’s an idea actually. just a bit more of a faff. I’ll give it a go!

Yes I’ve done that and you’re right - the summary shows exactly what my spreadsheet (nerd) says I should have left for general spending each month.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

They are still adding things to Summary to improve how it works, you’ll soon be able to manually mark payments as reoccurring and have that change reflected in the dial :slight_smile:

4 Likes