Magic link not working, can't start account

Hi, I can’t sign in to start my new account with the magic link in my email as I keep getting the error "Sorry, we couldn’t log you in, please use the most recent email that you received to [my address].

FAQs say to try a gmail address (which it is) or from a browser instance, which I’ve tried to no avail, including copying the link and opening in a new tab. I’ve tried 3 new emails so far with the same error every time, and I waited 5 hours after the last try to check if there was another pending- there wasn’t. I’ve even gone back and tried the older mails again.

Phone is running android.

How do I sign up now!?

Just one thing to check first with the way this is worded. Have you had a Monzo account before?

No! Sorry I was trying to be more specific but clearly made it worse!

No worries!

Might be best to uninstall and reinstall the app again so you’re working with a fresh instance and go through the sign in procedure again. Make sure you are opening the magic link from your phones Gmail account.

1 Like

Did you manage to log in?

I’m in!

The clean reinstall didn’t do it but it gave me the idea to try a whole new gmail address - didn’t work immediately but did after a second reinstall which seems to have done the trick, I’ll just have to see if I can switch it later.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad it’s sorted!

You can switch it if you click on the profile icon then scroll down to your email and hit the pencil!

1 Like