Lost for words honestly, where do you begin?

Is this what you call normal after being in a leather wallet??? Please share how your own Monzo metal is keeping up.

4 Likes

Yea. Kinda standard behaviour for a white card in a leather wallet.
Apple who have a similar card offer advice & warnings against this.
Additionally I’m pretty sure Monzo provide info about this when you order the card, explaining how to clean it etc.

This is why I would have personally preferred to see a darker coloured card.

7 Likes

You could read these words then you’ll no longer be lost :smiley:

11 Likes

I’d love paying £15 for a card that I’d then have to keep wrapped in a microfibre cloth to avoid damaging it when storing it in a place most commonly used for storing cards

38 Likes

I agree. It’s more hassle than they’re worth.

This is common on all light coloured metal cards so consider this if you plan on getting one from anywhere else too.

3 Likes

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Lewis Carroll , Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Said by the King to the White Rabbit

2 Likes

Light coloured card gets dirty easily.

Come back soon for more breaking news.

14 Likes

Hahaha funny I was prob so excited to order the card at launch I didn’t see this. Lesson learned the hard way but I still love Monzo. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Time to get the rubbing alcohol out.

I’ve noticed a strange, very faint, area on my card which looks ‘darker’ and is in the shape of where it wasn’t touching any wallet surface - so the card is either subject to exposure colouration or it has discoloured due to touching (non-denim, non-leather) pocket surfaces. You can make out the ‘arch’-shaped darkening on the card just about:

Tried rubbing it with Stella, no change. 1664, no change. Need to try a Belgian specialty next. :beer:

4 Likes

Stella who ? :rofl:

4 Likes

Never mind who, his card looks as good as new. :smirk:

1 Like

My card has been in a black leather wallet - no problems. Admittedly it’s in my pocket less these days than usual so likely less friction on it.

I still think it’s an error to put the warning up after you’ve committed to ordering the card.

8 Likes

I dunno, is it? The card is included in the price, not like they’re taking your money & going muahaha it’s a dodgy card.

I see it more as a FYI. If people are subscribing specifically for the card then maybe it is the wrong place, but then at least there is a warning about it. :man_shrugging:t3:

Make a complaint, get a new card and get £30 compensation.

3 Likes

Surely no one subscribes just because it’s a metal card :face_with_raised_eyebrow:… do they ?

2 Likes

Well, there have been many on this forum proclaiming that they would do this and that for a metal card, so you never know.

Personally, I don’t see the attraction.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s shiny, or something :joy:

2 Likes

When I see mysterious thread titles like this, I like to play a game where I hazard a guess as to what topic awaits inside.

I don’t think I’ve ever been close to getting it right. Not once.

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Try a cherry beer…leaves a beautiful sheen

1 Like

I’ve never seen the attraction. All my cards are on Google Pay/Curve now so I barely ever see them already!

4 Likes