Lost for words honestly, where do you begin?

Or maybe a Blue Moon Wheat/White beer. That’d do the trick :partying_face:

1 Like

It looks very cool in GPay:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t want to turn this thread into one about the merits of a metal card…oh, go on then. :sweat_smile:

That card looks white-ish. Just saying…

And it’s the same colour in Apple/Google Pay it appears :smirk:

Good job it’s free…:woozy_face:

(It’s ok - I’ve got my coat…:flushed:)

1 Like

3 Likes

Oh dear :rofl: the shame

Bleach maybe :thinking::rofl:

2 Likes

I’m genuinely wondering what kind of leather wallets people have in what finishes. I would love to know what actually causes that!

(For what it’s worth, my metal card looks pristine after a whole year of active use in a black leather wallet, minus the usual faint contact lines along the chip and very light marks on the back from it hitting things.)

5 Likes

Just wrap your card in this

Job done

5 Likes

At least it’s not vegan leather… aka NOT LEATHER! But a weird substitute that costs more than leather

Unless it’s made from real vegans of course

1 Like

The only issue i had with my Metal Card is that a card reader scratched it. In terms of keeping it clean I’ve not had any issues with discolouration as such. They allow the option to change back to a coral plastic card now for free if you want a free replacement.

I could be wrong but if your card is stolen then the replacement fee is waived?
Im not 100% sure in that one though. I think Monzo should offer a black alternative or some different colours that don’t discolour easy like Curve offer Red and Blue.

1 Like

Oh, I’ve just remembered my own solution from earlier:

1 Like

Another solution would be to stick it in a drawer at home and then pay with Google/Apple pay everywhere :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

3 Likes

There are different grains of leather and different ways leathers are either dyed or painted.
Which could affect cards differently

The cards aren’t staining themselves though, are they?

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

A self staining card…If I could prototype that and get a patent, by next year I could be…still broke.

2 Likes

Except these are produced by a different company entirely to the previous 3 manufacturers of the coral + plus cards :grimacing:

It’s Monzo’s new initiative when cancelling - instead of sending unnecessary cards, they just trigger the current one to ruin itself. It’s all about that image!

1 Like

There must be a German word for this… all the ‘we want metal cards’ to this… couldn’t make it up.

2 Likes

WirWollenKreditkartenmetall?

3 Likes

Monzo should really use this to get one over on Apple here. The obvious solution is to include a tin of this with every card they send out…

I get your point about an FYI, but to me it just seems like a glaring issue to design a product that isn’t compatible with possibly the top two places said card will be stored.

Maybe not the best analogy, and the stakes certainly aren’t this high - but imagine if you just bought a car and after you signed a contract, they said they paint would possibly flake off if you drive about 40mph. And it will now cost you to cancel if you decide thats a problem.

I can see why folks would be annoyed - whether you are in the “I really wanted a metal card” camp or not - if you’re told it’s a premium card, and it’s so premium it costs £50 to replace and has a 5 year life. But in the first month your wallet does this to it… I think I’d be annoyed too.

Edit: And it probably should bother me less than it actually does. Not sure why but this specific thing just bugs me an irrational amount.

5 Likes